Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

where you get your info would be interesting.  mine is that he adored nicole and was devastated at her death.

do you have any substantiation to this @SydneyH

The last that I remember was a book who's title escapes me right now.  The rest is out there for anyone to read on the web....

Respected Contributor

No, they weren't morons.  As I remember it, someone mentioned the concept of "Jury Nullification" as the reason for the verdict.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Just curious .... he's now serving time in a Nevada jail .... does anyone know how long he'll be in jail for?

On December 5, 2008, Simpson was sentenced to 33 years in prison with eligibility for parole in nine years (in October 2017). He is currently incarcerated at the Lovelock Correctional Center in Lovelock, Nevada.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._J._Simpson_robbery_case

Honored Contributor

Two things I'll never forget abuot the verdict: (1) the look of real surprise on O.J.'s face that he got away with it, and (2) Chris Darden so overcome with emotion at the prosecutor's press conference that he could barely stand up - he doubled over in grief and disgust at the verdict, and how sorry he was for the Goldman and Brown families.

(Yes, he's the guy who had O.J. try on the glove).

Trusted Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

No, they weren't morons.  As I remember it, someone mentioned the concept of "Jury Nullification" as the reason for the verdict.

YES they were.