Super Contributor

I am in total support of the OP.  For many years, I have worn Clark mules. About three years ago, I began to be afraid they were phasing out of the styles I like, and they have. Anyway, I ordered about 5 pairs which I thought would last me for YEARS to come because I wasn't planning to wear them continually. Well, long story short, I had saved a pair I only wore to church.  Two weeks ago I slipped them on and thought, wow, I must have stretched the right one out with thick socks o something. During church I happened to look down at my crossed legs and saw my shoe looking just like the OP's picture.  The whole side had come apart from the sole.  

There is no way that shoe was mistreated or abused. It's defective plain and simple.  I, too, won't buy Clark's again.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine haven't worn out in the 2 years I bought them just my feet grew half a size larger. Does anyone know if they still make boat shoes? I can't find them.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Mine haven't worn out in the 2 years I bought them just my feet grew half a size larger. Does anyone know if they still make boat shoes? I can't find them.

@halfpint1 - do you mean like these Sperry topsiders?  If so - yes, many places including Zappos.  Just go to Zappos and put boat shoes in the search box.

3943-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

@halfpint1

Cliffrose Sail-$80

Cliffrose Sail Off White Nubuck womens-ortholite

Cliffrose Sail Blue Nubuck womens-ortholite

Cliffrose Sail Black Nubuck womens-ortholite

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to the people who told me where I could get boat shoes. I was wondering about Clarks though since I know how they fit. I took a chance on them for walks for I never had the brand before.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Thanks to the people who told me where I could get boat shoes. I was wondering about Clarks though since I know how they fit. I took a chance on them for walks for I never had the brand before.

@halfpint1

Those styles I posted ARE Clarks, from their website.  I posted the photo and gave you the name of them, so you could search for them both ways, in case you want to shop around.