Valued Contributor

He was 90 years old and lived a full life.  May we all be so lucky.

Trusted Contributor

As an Italian New Yorker, I watched him for many years.    Loved his wit, energy, and personality.    He will be missed.     RIP, dear Joe.

Respected Contributor

An affable man. RIP.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

RIP, Joe.  Many years ago I remember watching Joe every morning when he co-hosted the morning TV show.  What a lovable personality.

Respected Contributor

a genuinely nice man.  he will be missed.  rip

Trusted Contributor

He grew up on Elizabeth Avenue on The Hill (Itallian neighborhood)  in St. Louis.  His childhood friend and neighbor was Yogi Berra.

As teenagers, they both worked as busboys at my very favorite restaurant.  We're going there for dinner tonight, in his honor. 

Respected Contributor

He seemed like a good guy - Always cheerful, and told the best stories. 

Honored Contributor

@CardinalGirl wrote:

He grew up on Elizabeth Avenue on The Hill (Itallian neighborhood)  in St. Louis.  His childhood friend and neighbor was Yogi Berra.

As teenagers, they both worked as busboys at my very favorite restaurant.  We're going there for dinner tonight, in his honor. 

Hi CG......good to see you posting on here.  Haven't seen you for some time now.  Hope all is well with you and yours.

Yes, it was sad when I heard this on TV yesterday.  Joe and his wife were good friends of my aunt and uncle.  My aunt and uncle built 2 houses at different times on 3 lots so they could be large houses.  They were in St. Louis Hills.  When my aunt and uncle built the 2nd house, Joe and his wife bought the first one.  Remember when my family were all together in the family room following my grandmother's funeral.  Joe and his wife came over with a hot dish and to extend condolences to the family. 

Joe, as we both know, was very much loved here in St. Louis.

Enjoy your dinner and have some fun......