Trusted Contributor

Anyone order from them?  I was going to order a blouse from them that was $34.99, however, shipping was $11.99 and there was an additional $1.50 listed as carrier surcharge or words to that effect, and that is before tax is calculated.  I passed!  It was a want not a need, and shipping being almost a third of the cost of the item is insane. 

QVC $3.50 S&H on most fashion items is looking pretty good.  

I also didn't see where Chadwick's gives you free shipping after your order reaches a certain amount.  The shipping just keeps getting higher.  Anyone else with similar experience at Chadwick's?

Respected Contributor

I have ordered from Chadwicks and have been satisfied.  Not top of the line but nice.  Yes, shipping is high and they charge about the same to return it.

That's why I don't understand when people complain about QVC shipping prices.

Respected Contributor

We want free shipping of course, but I don't mind paying 3.50 for a Q beauty or fashion item.  Mailed four small packages at Christmas  2 boxes and 2 padded envelopes.  Near $38.  And USPS is only going higher.  And the box and envelopes were not heavy.  

Honored Contributor

I very seldom pay for shipping anywhere.

I sign up on their website and for catalogs and get it free shipping offerings.  Even $5 shipping is too much for me.

Honored Contributor

I have ordered from Chadwicks in the past and have been satisfied.  Would never pay that much for shipping.  I don't even buy from the shopping channels unless it's a free shipping day.  I get free shipping from Macy's and at $39 from Blair.  Other websites have free shipping occasionally.  That works for me!

Honored Contributor

The Chadwick's of today is not the Chadwick's of yesteryear.  They closed and another company bought the rights the name. 

Honored Contributor

I used to like their stuff but after the last order I'm done with them.

It was a twin set but separates.  The cardigan was thrown into a box, no tissue, no plastic bag, stunk to the high heavens and it had a huge hole in that went through front to back and the shell wasn't in the box.  It looked like the sweater had gotten caught up in some sort of a machine.

Customer service was nice enough but I didn't want a replacement.

The cardigan got thrown out and the shell never arrived.

Respected Contributor

I have always said when posters complain about QVC shipping that they must not order from other catalogs/sites.  Most I order from shipping starts in the over $11 range and return shipping at $9.95.  I am very satisfied with QVC shipping rates.

Some offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount and some have free shipping.  But all in all anything I order from other than QVC has high shipping rates.  No where I order from is free shipping.

QVC has been giving us free shipping fairly often lately and I am satisfied with paying 3.50 and sometimes taking advantage of free shipping when offered.

I haven't ordered from Chadwicks in many years and rarely ever did.  Didn't find the quality I liked at Chadwicks.  Of course, that was years ago.

Honored Contributor

are they part of the same fashion group as CATHERINES?

i placed an order through CATHERINES yesterday....the sale pricing was good AND i found a close to $40 off coupon. of course, that coupon was negated by about $28 for the shipping fees for three items. i was pretty shocked.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Coldwater Creek always had shipping starting at $11.99 for orders up to $50.

I only ordered once but their clothes were well made. I still have some from that first order.

Their retail stores did well until they sold and are now closed.

They are opened online again but shipping is just too high.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh