Honored Contributor

CBS ANCHOR RICK FOLBAUM DESCRIBES HIS COVID-19 EXPERIENCE

5d7bf833debb9.image.jpg

The good news-- he's recovering!   Apparently Rick is with CBS in Atlanta now, but many of us are familiar with him nationally when he was an anchor with Fox.  It's fascinating hearing his account and great he's better.  Go, Rick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKEnAo85TqM

Respected Contributor

Re: CBS ANCHOR RICK FOLBAUM DESCRIBES HIS COVID-19 EXPERIENCE

Thanks for a bit of good news @Oznell . Rick said he was diagnosed with coronavirus around 2 weeks ago. So sorry to hear that he was sick and at the same time so happy to read of his recovery. Heart

Honored Contributor

Absolutely, @MorningLover .   Every loss to the virus is so tragic, and of course we hear that every day and feel such sadness. Conversely, every recovery gives joy.

I remember the feeling back when I saw the interview with a 65 year old Utah woman who had contracted the illness and recovered.  It was the first personal account I'd heard, and it gave hope.

Those patients with access to media, who come out the 'other side' of the illness, are being helpful with their accounts.  Prince Charles has made a video describing his experience;  I'd urge those interested to google it.  For some reason, on my device the audio was super faint and very difficult to hear on his.  Maybe someone else will have better luck with it.

Trusted Contributor

How I wish that along all the new cases today, intubations today, deaths today, etc, they could announce a "cured" statistic.  I know that's impossible, but it would help boost our hope levels somewhat.

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

How I wish that along all the new cases today, intubations today, deaths today, etc, they could announce a "cured" statistic.  I know that's impossible, but it would help boost our hope levels somewhat.

@PilatesLover 

i have been following the maryland and delaware statistics daily. they do show "released from isolation" and/or "recovered" numbers, although my guess is is that they are not completely up to date.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein