Contributor

By when does the Trac Phone TSV need to be activated to get the 3X's $$??

Hi, I ordered the recent Trac Phone TSV and totally forgot about it.  When did/do I need to activate the phone in order to get the lifetime of 3X's $$ of whatever amount we buy to replenish the phone?  I feel so foolish, and this phone is like a new adventure for me.  I now have a "flip" phone that I used for emergency only.  I sort of want to be "up-to-date" but my husband doesn't want to pay montly charges for an Iphone, so I thought this would be a good idea.  Help!!  Thank in advance!  Hope I'm not too late.

Honored Contributor

Re: By when does the Trac Phone TSV need to be activated to get the 3X's $$??

If you don't have minutes or air  time from another Trac Phone you want to carry over I believe I read where it's 6 months before you have to worry about activating it. I had loads of minutes and air time from another Trac Phone so I activated mine two weeks after I received it. By the way, it's a nice phone.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @IAMASTAR, You should be fine, TracFone does not require you to activate your phone as soon as you receive it. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@IAMASTAR ... I ordered a Trac Phone a while back and did not activate it right away. I wanted to transfer my number, so I called and talked to a "human." They told me that there was no real deadline for activating TracPhones...that some people buy them months in advance to give as gifts at Christmas. They said that the only problem with not activating the TracPhone immediately is that a newer model might come out...like I care about that!  I just want a phone that I can talk on in urgent situations and  take pictures. No texting, internet, apps, or any ot that other stuff for me. I'm still learning how to "swipe!"  Smiley Surprised

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli