Honored Contributor

I got an answer to my e mail this morning - and boy oh boy was it ever nasty! She/ he told me off in no uncertain terms, that I have no right to expect a confirmation that she received my order or any communication from her, and I better not try to give her a bad review or she will reciprocate by giving me one too. I forwarded her email to ebay.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 Looks like you found a lousy seller on the bay. Good you reported this. BTW-Sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers, only buyers for sellers, so don't let this intimidate you!

Super Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I got an answer to my e mail this morning - and boy oh boy was it ever nasty! She/ he told me off in no uncertain terms, that I have no right to expect a confirmation that she received my order or any communication from her, and I better not try to give her a bad review or she will reciprocate by giving me one too. I forwarded her email to ebay.

@151949

Unless I absolutely HAD to have the item I would cancel and request a refund.  There is no way I would want to deal with someone like this or take a chance on receiving their product as I would be concerned if there was a problem I would not get any satisfaction or response.  Hope you can resolve this with eBay.

Honored Contributor

Re: Buying from e bay

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

Oh boy..... a seller that doesn't understand the importance of customer service. 

The SELLER CANNOT GIVE YOU A NEGATIVE!  Not even a "soft" negative (it automatically gives buyers a positive while the text is not positive).... if that happens call eBay immediately and they should remove it, it's not allowed .

Leave the your honest feedback.....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I'm wondering what your email said because it's unusual for you to get a "nasty' email response back from the seller. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I'm wondering what your email said because it's unusual for you to get a "nasty' email response back from the seller. 

One more thing... forwarding the seller's email to eBay is good, but eBay can and will look into both sides' emails.....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@151949

I am sorry that you are having problems with Ebay.  I order from Ebay occasionally and have always had great service and the delivery speed has been excellent.  Looks like you really got a bad apple! I would contact Ebay and cancel my order and get a refund......if your shipment arrives damage chancs are the seller would just blame you and then what mess to get that resolved to.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Since ebay sells nothing, there's also nothing they can do to cancel an order nor refund the buyer. That is up to each individual seller. 

If the item arrives damaged, you just file an item not as described. Buyers will win 99.9% of those cases.

Honored Contributor

PayPal guarantees all purchases. You can file for a refund and when you do then it starts with the seller. If the seller declines your request for a full refund then you can escalate your case through the PayPal process of refunds. Just follow the steps. PayPal guides you through each step of the way.