Honored Contributor

Re: Burger King employee caught using Mop on Tables

I have read reports that restaurant workers often work while they are sick and use no extra precautions so that is reason enough for me to rarely eat in them.

Respected Contributor

Not "washing their hands" when leaving the restroom is what I worry about the most.

Honored Contributor

'I know', sounds like 'big brother'-ish, but just wondering if there should/could be cameras in the hand-washing section, near the exit door of the restroom(s).

Maybe in larger, national restaurants. (?)

The camera just might encourage workers to thoroughly wash their hands.

The manager could review the videos at the end of the day.

'See' who's conscientious, and who isn't.

Just a thought.

Years ago, in the late eighties/early nineties or so, there used to be a kitchen/hotel manager in a white coat, walking around the kitchen, taking notes.

In a well known national hotel restaurant.

Don't know about now-a-days, though.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

'All in all', our best hope is that health laws will eventually add a new law.

Disposable sanitizing wipes.  A new one on each table.

Seems easy enough to follow that rule. 

'Nothing 'drastic', so to speak.

Just add a few cents to each food item, and use that increase to purchase sanitizing wipes in bulk.

Btw, Unscented would be nice.

p.s. A few large supermarkets around here offer sanitizing wipes at the entrance so we can wipe our shopping cart handles.

Not nationwide pharmacies, in our area, so far, though.

Which would be just as, or even more beneficial, since they are pharmacies where people pick up their prescriptions for various illnesses, including flu, colds, contageous issues.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

If a Chef whose name begins with "Wolf" cannot be hygienic while displaying items on a channel then how can a Burger King employee be held to higher standards?  I really would hate to know what goes on behind most all restaurants at one time or another.  Still it is so gross just picturing a mop on my table prior to eating.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

We enjoy eating out and do it often. I don’t know if it’s just me but I have never gotten sick from eating out or touching door knobs, grocery carts, etc. don’t know why.

Husband is always using hand sanitizer. I have never used it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another reason I have no interest in eating at Burger King. When one of my daughters was in high school she did a science project and took swab samples from tables at 8 different fast food restaurants. She examined them for various bacteria and graphed her findings...she got an A....and we stopped eating at all but two of those places. The big loser was not BK however; it was a local fast food burger place that has since closed....the BK response to the mop being used to clean the tables is unacceptable imo...but seeing employees using the same wet rag going from table to table to wipe them down just moves germs to each table. Never eat food that has been in contact with the table. Ever.