Honored Contributor

Re: Burger King Whopper For A Penny

i already have the app......will let you all know how it goes. Smiley Wink

it really isnt a difficult promotion to process nor do i think it is going to cause any major traffic problems or accidents, from people of any age.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/12/04/burger-king-penny-whopper-promotion-mcdonalds/219716...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's idiotic.  I don't believe it's true that the BK corporation is sponsoring such a thing.

It's a promotion.

QVC has them every day.

Fast food is very competitive, don't understand your post at all

Honored Contributor

I'm actually waiting for McDonalds' to come out with the penny Quarter Pounder during the same time frame.  

You're here anyway.  Come on in!  

Honored Contributor

Eewh!!! I don't want one even if it's free from Burger King or McDonald's.

Honored Contributor

A few years ago I had food poisoning from Burger King. You could offer me a million dollars to eat one again and quite seriously I would decline.

There have been so many beef recalls lately, I wouldn't trust their source anyway.

Easy pass for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

A few years ago I had food poisoning from Burger King. You could offer me a million dollars to eat one again and quite seriously I would decline.

There have been so many beef recalls lately, I wouldn't trust their source anyway.

Easy pass for me.

@Trinity11 I saw an article recently where BK admitted to using horsemeat in their burgers. EWWW! I knew they tasted different from when I was young; BK was the favored choice over McD's back then.

Now I stay away from 90% of the fast food out there. If I REALLY want a fast food burger, it's 5 Guys for me!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Easy pass for me.

@Trinity11

That's no fun. I have had food poisoning. Thought I was dying.

Last time I ate one from Burger King I got indigestion. Never had that happen from eating a hamburger.

We make our own steakburgers with top sirloin & chuck roast.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Easy pass for me.

@Trinity11 I saw an article recently where BK admitted to using horsemeat in their burgers. EWWW! I knew they tasted different from when I was young; BK was the favored choice over McD's back then.

Now I stay away from 90% of the fast food out there. If I REALLY want a fast food burger, it's 5 Guys for me!

@Ibby114

that claim is actually false.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/burger-king-admits-burgers-contain-horsemeat/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Easy pass for me.

@Trinity11 that timeframe sounds like when I had food poisoning from Chipolte! I haven't been back there since. Woman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Easy pass for me.

@Ibby114

that claim is actually false.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/burger-king-admits-burgers-contain-horsemeat/

First of all Snopes is not the ultimate authority

BK was buying from a company that had traces of horsemeat in the patties.

As soon as BK discovered this, they quit buying.

So yes, it was true.