Contributor

I wait for the Honora shows, and lo and behold, every single host who appeared with either Ralph or Joel bulldozed right over them!!!  Even the hosts I typically think do a decent job just keep talking and get louder and faster until the expert just gives up.  Why is it so much more important to continue to blurt out how beautiful, gorgeous, trendy, iconic (that word drives me crazy).....  I don't care!  I want to hear from Ralph and Joel.  HOST, PLEASE STOP.  We hear from you everyday.  It's like a doggone volcano erupting - louder, faster, roaring, rumbling, while poor Ralph and Joel run for cover!  Aren't the hosts required to watch tapes of themselves?  Argh!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bulldozers - STOP TALKING

It's been my impression Joel and Ralph prefer to just sit there and interject a phrase or two off and on and let the host carry the load.   Flowery words describing a product seems to come more natural to a woman than a man.  I also hate the word:  iconic.

Honored Contributor

I had Nancy and Ralph on for the whole show yesterday.  All I noticed was how gorgeous Nancy was in all the close-ups.  I thought she did a great job.

I didn't watch a whole lot after that -  I love pearls, have had wonderful luck with everything I've ever ordered with only one exception -- and didn't want to buy any more than I already knew I wanted.

Also, as much as I love Honora and watch Honora and buy way too much Honora, I haven't heard Joel and Ralph tell me much of anything new for a very long time.  And after 30+ years in middle school and high school classrooms, I know how to listen through chaos -  I'm rarely bothered by any of the shopping channel chatter.

Respected Contributor

Not like either one of them have anything important to say ...

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."