Esteemed Contributor

I still don't necessarily believe it just yet, no matter what People says. Time will tell.

Honored Contributor

I have a hard time saying this, but I will. He is just plain awful looking, almost gross. His face looks so bleached, shiny and chiseled, he looks carved from marble....but worse. He has not had good surgery for a man or a woman.

Maybe there is hype around the story, and it isn't all true. Maybe it is true, and he has struggled all his life, who knows. It is his life and he knows his true feelings. I doubt it would be publicity. It is his choice and that I have to respect. That isn't the opinion I want to make . He makes a gross man or woman, IMO..the way he is changing his looks are not good, JMHO.. There I said it! But something is off.

Super Contributor

Whatever the story, I think his first wife is jumping at the chance to say that's why she left him. I think she's totally lying. He left her for Linda Thompson.

Honored Contributor
On 1/30/2015 BeckiWV said:

I still don't necessarily believe it just yet, no matter what People says. Time will tell.

People rarely reports incorrect info. They are the most legitimate of the "tabloid-type" magazines. I don't find People to be incorrect. They appear to do more research than any other Publication as far as pop-culture items, etc.

I think he looks totally bizarre. I do think he may be transitioning to a woman. He looks very much like a woman now.

Whatever makes him happy though.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

many men and women lead so called conventional lives for many years... marriage, children etc and do not come out until much later. Perhaps trying to deny or hide their feelings. It for sure is probably very painful and difficult for everyone involved with the situation. I imagine it is something that just has to eventually be addressed... like with Bruce.

I think like anything different or not considered "the norm", society needs to embrace differences.... so many people look at this issue as odd, wrong or strange. As with so many social issues today, we need to be more open, enlightened and accepting to people who may choose an alternate lifestyle. If it allows people happiness and love, that is a good thing.

Super Contributor

Well, we will all know very soon ... I recently saw a promo of an upcoming tv special devoted to Bruce's changing looks ... that should be interesting and draw a huge audience ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Respected Contributor

There's an article in the Daily Mail about this. I did't read it but thought I would share the info.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with Winamac, People Magazine rarely reports on something without doing lots of research. I do believe this will most likely be true. Daily Mail is also reporting this is confirmed.

If this is what he wants I am happy for him. I feel sad he had to wait so long to be who he really is. I am sure some people will have a problem with it and it is hard for them to understand but could you imagine the pain of being inside the body you think is the wrong secks? I hope this makes his life much happier. I am sure this was a painful decision not only for him but for how this would affect his family. Having a friend who transitioned, I know how completely painful it was for him and he didn't have the entire world judging him.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

People keep saying ""he will be happy now"" or they ""hope"" he will be happy now. I recently read that once making the change many are still unhappy and sorry they did it. The article had statistics and all that.

Super Contributor

I feel sorry for his kids, especially the two youngest daughters. I also feel sorry for his ex-wives. What total deceit. I can't imagine how I would feel knowing I was married and had children with that. I can't even look at him, he's hideous. I certainly won't be watching the show.