Honored Contributor

Re: Broken Land Line

[ Edited ]

@pprmntstx  @VaBelle35 

I have been having landline problems on and off for quite sometime....it seemed everytime it rained, AT&T came out once and fixed but it started happening again at the time of the pandemic started....I also have Tracfones so I just decided to do away with my landline and save some money in the process..... $10 a month versus $61 is a big savings!!!

(and your right VABELLE they were going to charge me $99 because the repair protection plan Ive paid for all these years is worthless!!!) 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

My land line stopped working yesterday.  The phone company isn't going to fix it until July 10th.  Meanwhile, I have a Tracfone that I use in case of an emergency when I travel. Maybe it's time for me to join the 21st century and get a smartphone!  Am I the only one in civilized society without one?

@pprmntstx   No.  We only have a smart phone  because my DH has one.  I use the land line and have a simple flip phone for say a car emergency.   Never use it! 

Respected Contributor

@pprmntstx We had a landline and finally disconnected it after 34 years with AT & T.  It was an extra cost we deferred to cell phones,  I own a flip phone that serves my needs and it is cheaper too.  Good luck in your journey with phone issues.

Esteemed Contributor

We just moved and gave up our landline.  I liked having it to list as our home number for places where I order things, etc.  I don’t like to give out my cell number except to family and friends.  I’m never quite sure how the scammers get our numbers. 

Super Contributor

I still have a landline and wil not give it up. Clearer sound than cell phone and have it with an answering machine to screen calls.   Have a Tracfone also and love it. E-mail, pictures, driving directions, read books, etc. Best of both worlds IMO

Valued Contributor

@route 7 @cotton4me  @Boomernichols  @SeaMaiden  @Spurt  Thank you all for your posts!

Honored Contributor

I always have a land line, I do not like talking on my cell phone in the house.  I have an android not sure if that is considered a smart phone.  Anyway love my land line