Honored Contributor

Re: Bright Spots in Dark Days

Oh @Poodlepet2 thank you for your kind words as I have been following your posts and my heart goes out to you and all of those in the paths of these horrible hurricanes.  I am glad this thread made you smile and here maybe is a giggle . . . I read the article about the roosters and apparently they wrapped them up like that so they don't fight . . . I believe the technical term was "we wrapped them up like a burrito" . . . I actually snorted my water on that one . . . stay safe my friend!

Respected Contributor

This inspirational sight was seen over Jacksonville Beach as Florida residents prepare for Hurricane Irma

Double rainbow symbolizes ray of hope for Florida residents as Irma approaches

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful displays of humanity and kindness.  We need them so badly.

Earlier today I saw a few zoo workers carrying flamingos to transportation that would take them to safety.  I have never seen anyone hugging a flamingo to themselves, and it made me smile.

Respected Contributor

Thank G-d There are still plenty of people with heart. ❤️ Let love rule!  Thanks for sharing.

- Skyegirl

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 - this is so ironic that you posted the picture of the roosters from the Florida keys being rescued...my husband and I went to the Keys for our 25th wedding anniversary a few years ago.  It was our first time there, and we were so surprised to see the roosters walking around the neighborhoods...who knew?  Certainly not us...we even dined at an outdoor restaurant and there they were....walking around nonchalantly!  We loved it!

Tonight as I was cooking dinner, my husband commented about the roosters and how they'd most likely die when the hurricane hits.  I hadn't even thought about them and it made me really sad....I told him "surely, someone will help them"...but I wasn't really hopeful.  Now, after seeing your post and the picture, there is hope!  Thank you for posting!!

And yes...there are still so many kind hearted people in the world! 

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

I saw this regarding Hurricane Harvey and couldn't agree more!

3D1261B6-F690-4482-805D-3166185E8D4A-706-00000200575E7C0E.jpeg

"Did someone say "hero?"

READ ABOUT HEROES HERE

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

J.J. Watts charity is up to an incredible 30M with a donation from Jimmy Fallon and the Tonight Show:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/08/j-j-watt-jimmy-fallon-harvey-relief-fund-30-million/

Honored Contributor

Dolphins airlifted to safety out of Cuba...

cuba-hurricanes.jpg

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe  Thank you for posting these bright spots!   I'm in Georgia and we are expecting enough of an impact that my county has cancelled school for Monday and Tuesday.  I needed to smile!  Thanks, friend!Heart

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

Liev Schreiber adopts two three month old Harvey rescues:

Liev Schreiber

Liev Schreiber fell so in love with two dogs displaced by Hurricane Harvey, he instantly made them part of his family.

Schreiber was backstage at “Live with Kelly and Ryan” when he met the pups.

After the “Ray Donovan” star FaceTimed with ex Naomi Watts and his two kids, the 3-month-old puppies were on their way to an amazing new life.

Lucky dogs.

Liev Schreiber