Frequent Contributor

IF I was the bridesmaid I would of told the bride to go  ...... Herself the minute she demanded me to search for wedding cakes for her.  I would of never been around to here her demands that the bridesmaids chip in for her gown.$550.00 for a dress is a lot to ask a friend to pay for a dress.  Being a bridesmaid is an expensive proposition.  The cost of the dress and shoes , a bridal shower gift and a wedding gift can add up to over a thousand dollars, maybe more.  Just imagine what a joy this bride would be on her wedding day. Oh by the way I forgot to include chipping in for the bachelorette party!  I would run as far away as possible as fast as I can.

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I would have no problem telling the bride "No".

That's not all I would tell her! 😁

Respected Contributor

I thought it was going to say that she expected them to pay since they encouraged her to splurge.  And some of the bridesmaids are willing?  I wonder if she wants the whole amount or only the $$ over budget lol

Honored Contributor

Brides who love to spend should find rich friends and rich bridesmaids.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

That is beyond stupid to spend money you don't have for a dress to wear once.I bet she could look just as beautiful in something that meets her budget.I never see a photo in people's homes of their wedding after they have been together for awhile and the dress is forgotten in a bag in the extra closet.

Respected Contributor

Why would anybody give in to such demads?

I wouldn't have a problem saying no to that at all. 

Honored Contributor

Image result for um .... no! gif

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I have four daughters.  I made the wedding gowns for two of them.  My third daughter bought the first gown she tried on at the local bridal shop for $400.

My second oldest wanted to wear mine, but it didn't store well (my fault and too many moves).  She wound up buying one for $800.

They all looked stunning on their wedding days.

As to the OP's story, all of those bridesmaids should back out.  That gal is crazy.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I would have no problem telling the bride "No".

That's not all I would tell her! 😁

I'd be so aggravated at such stupidity that along with saying no and where to go, I'd give them a wedding gift, an envelope full of monoply money..  Plus wouldn't have anything to do with that wedding...  

What on earth has happened to people, these women are nuts!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Honestly, unless she was blood, she's SOL in my book.  Bad enough the bridesmaids dresses are that high.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise