Respected Contributor

Nice of him to pay it back after he got caught. I'm sure, if anything, he'll just get a slap on the wrist. The rich and famous don't live like the rest of us.

That was nice of him to repay it after he was caught. Most of the rich and famous don't live by the same rules as the rest of us.

Esteemed Contributor

That story really burns me.  Mississippi is one of our poorest states.  That money was meant for people in deep trouble not millionaire washed up athletes.  

Somebody in charge needs to go to jail. There is NO accountability for these people. Stealing my tax money to give away to the likes of those cretins...😠

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

IMO sure are a lot of people on these boards that like to gossip. Like most people who gossip they tend to share misinformation on issues that are erronious and just mean. I'm from Wisconsin. Clean your own houses

Honored Contributor

He and his wife were always generous donors to many organizations and charities when they lived in Wisconsin.

Too many people believe everything they see and hear without getting the facts. I won't jump to any conclusions without further information.

Trusted Contributor

Mississippi is one of the poorest states in the country. I can't imagine they would have that kind of money to give Farve for speeches.there must be more to the story.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Regardless of how anyone feels about Brett Favre, I doubt that he would be dumb enough or desperate enough to knowingly participate in that type of scheme.  It sounds very similar to something that happened to golfer Phil Mickelson several years ago.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

Maybe you should get the entire account before making judgements and recommendations.

Honored Contributor

I doubt he knew who or what was financing his appearances; his business manager would have arranged it. He did make at least one, but Covid canceled the others. The fault is that of the welfare individual/individuals and perhaps his business manager.

Respected Contributor

Apparantly it is easier and more acceptable to vilify an entire city that people disapprove of, than a famous individual who rips off one of lthe poorest states in the country.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Yahoo article..

Brett Favre twitter

5/6/2020

1/4 My agent is often approached by different products and brands for me to appear in one way or another. This request was no different, and I did numerous ads for Families First.

2/4 I have never received monies for obligations I didn’t meet. To reiterate Auditors White’s statement, I was unaware that the money being dispersed was paid for out of funds not intended for that purpose, and because of that I am refunding the full amount back to Mississippi.

3/4 I have spent my entire career helping children through Favre 4 Hope donating nearly $10 million to underserved and underprivileged children in Mississippi and Wisconsin.

4/4 It has brought a ton of joy to my life, and I would certainly never do anything to take away from the children I have fought to help! I love Mississippi and I would never knowingly do anything to take away from those that need it most.