Honored Contributor

I am always surprised how much bottled water people buy....at Costco etc.  cases upon case...all that plastic.  Why not just invest in a good water filter and refill your container? 

I have not  bought a  plastic bottle of water Ever.  Seems so wasteful and expensive.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden.  You and I are probably the only two people in the US who never bought a bottle of water.  Imagine the coincidence of us meeting here!  I drink ordinary unfiltered tap water.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We have well water and I have a Brita water filter pitcher we use mainly because the water causes a scum on our coffee.  I rarily buy bottled water, only on occasion when driving on a long trip.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden.  You and I are probably the only two people in the US who never bought a bottle of water.  Imagine the coincidence of us meeting here!  I drink ordinary unfiltered tap water.

@Kachina624 @SeaMaiden     I guess I'm NUMBER THREE........not that I'm cheap or anything, but WHY would anyone PAY for water; over and above what the city already charges, of course.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have a Brita pitcher.  I never buy bottled water.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

We have well water and I have a Brita water filter pitcher we use mainly because the water causes a scum on our coffee.  I rarily buy bottled water, only on occasion when driving on a long trip.

@Imaoldhippie  We have a well also and use a Brita.

Honored Contributor

I occasionally  buy bottled water when it's on sale .... for the BOTTLES.   

I refill them from my Brita pitcher and put in the fridge, ready to grab when going out.   After a while they are pretty "used" and I'll get a new 6 pack when I see a sale .....  I think the little Evian or Fiji bottles are the cutest ones.   Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I buy a case a year for use in the car or for guests who may not care for my Brita or PUR on the faucet. All the plastic in our garbage is so wasteful.I have to have a few empty bottles for replacing the ones in my dog's toys that she destroys. Lol. I see more people at airports filling up their own bottles. I have one that folds down to pack. Use mine  often.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bottled water

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden 

Have had water filters in our homes since the 1990's. Only plastic bottles I've seen is a 6 pack when my wife goes out of state transporting boxer canines to, hopefully, their "forever homes". I am always pushing her "drink more water".

I realize that there are some that don't have a choice at certain times. Way too much plastic around for sure!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

We buy a lot for the convenience.  We. buy mostly the little 8 oz. bottles and grab one when we head out the door.  At night, I have a Zojirushi stainless small bottle by my bed with iced filtered water in it.

It's the convenience for us why we buy bottled water.  We also keep it stocked in our storm cellar if we have to wait for people to dig us out some time.

Bottled water is not that expensive and it is a huge convenience.