Esteemed Contributor

I do not drink it, but it is the only mechanism by which DH can be convinced to drink water.  Better that then him suffering dehydration.  I'm truly conscientious and concerned about the ecology, but also about him.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

I have only 1 kidney and ESRD2 with the remaining kidney.  I drink only bottled water since I will not take chances with the 1 kidney I still have.  Our household is big into recycling.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Hey @MamaWick ,

Good seeing you again. Hope all is well with everyone, including the furry ones. Everything good here!

JOhn(hckynut)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@camelot wrote:

"Since I'm not at war with plastic, and we have no shortage of landfill space (again, see the worldwide studies), this isn't in my top 1,000 of worries".

Yes, and since you obviously don't live by the ocean or care about it, why concern yourself? Everything is connected and plastic will end up in your body.

Did you remotely read what I said?  I recycle every bottle, and I even bring them home after a vacation.  Key West to the Bahamas show the importance of a bottled-water supply, and it came in awfully handy when the water main broke--and I was covered in soap.  

Since you like research, then you'll know that 90% of the plastic comes from five rivers in Africa, Asia and India.  The latest studies across the world also show that recycling is an environmental bust.  Our county stopped collecting glass because it contaminates the other recyclables, and wet papers are a mold hazard.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

We buy a lot for the convenience.  We. buy mostly the little 8 oz. bottles and grab one when we head out the door.  At night, I have a Zojirushi stainless small bottle by my bed with iced filtered water in it.

It's the convenience for us why we buy bottled water.  We also keep it stocked in our storm cellar if we have to wait for people to dig us out some time.

Bottled water is not that expensive and it is a huge convenience.

I have few vices but I will not give up drinking bottled water. It keeps me hydrated and I am sitting here at my computer with a nice cold bottle of Poland Spring. It is a lot better than drinking diet soda and it keeps me from eating between meals.

Trusted Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I have hard  well water that needs a water softner so all the water I drink is bottled.

When we had a well, the water was awful.  There was so much to filter that we'd have to change it constantly.  The rust did give me gorgeous red hair though while leaving a film on the dishes and dulling up our laundry.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Super Contributor

FYI...............China has stopped taking our plastic so recyling "our" plastic waste it is ending up in the trash or landfill.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/29/climate/recycling-landfills-plastic-papers.html

Super Contributor

Re: Bottled water

[ Edited ]

Sooner, do you really believe it's Poland Spring H20? And is Poland a country with environment standards you trust for drinking water?

Filtered water is better and easy. Might consider it. Water is my favorite beverage so I do understand your commitment to drinking H20.

Esteemed Contributor

I have filtered water through my refrigerator.I change the filters twice a year. I still buy a case of bottled water every week.It’s convenient.

We drink a lot of water.When we walk out the door we just grab & go.

Honored Contributor

@camelot wrote:

Sooner, do you really believe it's Poland Spring H20? And is Poland a country with environment standards you trust for drinking water?

Fileterd water is better and easy. Might consider it. Water is my favorite beverage so I do understand your commitment to drinking H20.

Poland Spring water is not from Poland. It is from Maine.