Honored Contributor

Has anyone used boot clips to keep their pants tucked into their boots (like a stirrup)? I have seen some on Amazon, they come in adjustable, 3", 5", etc. I'm not sure which size I would need (I think 3" would be enough and the adjustable could be uncomfortable if it's too bulky under your foot). I also read you can use mitten clips, do you think they would work as well?

Honored Contributor

I had the pant clips and mine were the adjustable kind which were uncomfortable because I could feel a bump where the strap overlapped under my foot.  I would choose a pair w/o that adjustment and get them in a length to fit my foot exactly. Buy more than one length so you have a choice to wear them with different length pants.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if it's the same thing but last winter my granddaughter FINALLY said she'd like me to buy her some Doc Martin boots.

I always wanted them when I was way younger but never could afford them as a teenager.  I love them.

Anyway, she finally wanted them.  I got her some from DSW Warehouse shoes.  She looks amazing in them.

She said she couldn't find socks long enough to stick out the top.

I found these on the internet on Amazon.  I sent her various colors and styles.  They just tuck into the top of the boot and it looks like you have on long socks.

Is that what you are talking about.

3 Pairs Women Boot Cuffs Leg Warmers Crochet Short Knitted Socks Warm  Toppers Winter FAYBOX at Amazon Women's Clothing store

Ladies Boot Cuffs ANTIQUE LACE ASSORTED Women's Leg Warmer Cuff | eBay

Bestjybt Womens Short Boots Socks Crochet Knitted Boot Cuffs Leg Warmers Socks

Some sites call them 'boot cozies'.  Amazon has lots of them.  I can't send you the exact website or my post will get zapped by QVC.  But is this what you mean?

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I don't know if it's the same thing but last winter my granddaughter FINALLY said she'd like me to buy her some Doc Martin boots.

I always wanted them when I was way younger but never could afford them as a teenager.  I love them.

Anyway, she finally wanted them.  I got her some from DSW Warehouse shoes.  She looks amazing in them.

She said she couldn't find socks long enough to stick out the top.

I found these on the internet on Amazon.  I sent her various colors and styles.  They just tuck into the top of the boot and it looks like you have on long socks.

Is that what you are talking about.

3 Pairs Women Boot Cuffs Leg Warmers Crochet Short Knitted Socks Warm  Toppers Winter FAYBOX at Amazon Women's Clothing store

Ladies Boot Cuffs ANTIQUE LACE ASSORTED Women's Leg Warmer Cuff | eBay

Bestjybt Womens Short Boots Socks Crochet Knitted Boot Cuffs Leg Warmers Socks

Some sites call them 'boot cozies'.  Amazon has lots of them.  I can't send you the exact website or my post will get zapped by QVC.  But is this what you mean?

No, she is not talking about what you posted.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

What you posted is not what the op meant --- but I think what you posted is very cute. If I had long legs, I would wear them.

What I believe the op was referring to are clips you attach to your pants and wear under your foot. It's to keep your pants from bunching up when you wear boots. The clips make any pant "stir up" pants. I have some from my old horseback riding days.

bootclips.png

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357  Oh!  OK, thanks for the information.

Honored Contributor

I have some that I bought about 25 years ago - didn't know they still sold them.

You don't want them too short that the clips rub against your ankles.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 those are cute, but no I didn't mean those. The clips clip on to both sides of the bottom of your pants, the strap is under your foot. It keeps your pants taut so they don't bunch up around your knee and look baggy, or for shorter boots stay tucked in.

Esteemed Contributor

If I could find stirrup pants, I would buy them in every color.  I loved them back in the 60's & still love the look with boots.  

Esteemed Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

If I could find stirrup pants, I would buy them in every color.  I loved them back in the 60's & still love the look with boots.  

You are in luck @twinny70, Isaac Mizrahi recently introduced some stirup pants A385602. I always liked stirrup pants too.  They always kept your pants hanging properly inside your boots.  Maybe they are coming back.  Who wants boot clips.