Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@Anonymous032819 that is an unfortunate situation. I'm glad my neighborhood is quiet. What angered me was our recent hotel stay. The fire alarms went off while we were sleeping with that shrill sound and flashing lights. It's happened several times in the last few years and it's not a bit funny. It upsets me that no "all clear" comes over the loudspeakers. Some drunken guests probably pull the alarms to be funny. I did notice more security at the elevator this morning so I hope that discourages the wise guys.

@AuntG   I worked in hotels for years.    It's usually unattended children who pull the fire alarms.   Staff ALWAYS called each room personally and apologized.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  Get a decible meter for your phone--they don't cost much or may be free.  It will help you know when to call the police!  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I never hear noise without my hearing aid. Can't hear thunder unless it's terribly loud. Once I slept through a storm where huge trees fell and I didn't hear them. I used to hear barking dogs at night. They are gone now. 
  My neighborhood is usually very quiet. Recently the clubhouse was rented to someone who wasn't a member.         There was a fight and shots were fired. The police broke it up promptly but news was online before the Asociation officers were notified. 
  Now there are meetings and the cost to rent the clubhouse and rules are being changed.

But I do have a neighbor that likes to set fires 😬🙄

Esteemed Contributor

At 8:13 p.m. PDT, it is finally quiet.

For those who were asking here's my mom's Blue Cheese - Garlic dip

Note: It is not a low calorie dip!

2 -  8 ounce bricks of cream cheese softened

2  -  16 ounce tub of cottage cheese

10 ounces of crumbled blue cheese

1/2 head of  fresh minced garlic (to start. You can always add more to keep the vampires away)

Throw everything in to a large mixing bowl, and you can use a hand mixer (I do) to mix everything together.

Place in refrigerator and let the flavors meld.

Of course, you can always adjust the amount of blue cheese and garlic to individual taste and preference.

I don't make it often, but it is always so good when I do!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

We have a designated phone number for the "Noise Police"..... Between them and our strict COA rules the neighborhood is nice and quiet.....  Noisy neighbors dont last long here....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”