Respected Contributor

I started wearing these about 6 months ago and I love them but I don't think I'll be buying any more. The reason is that they wear out pretty fast. Right now I can see my toes through the bottoms of my socks. I know it's because I bought the merino wool ones, for about $20+ per.

Our local Costco has merino socks that are just as soft an wear out just as fast for $10.00; that's where I'll buy replacements.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I agree.  They wear out fast.  I have the no socks version from them.  Love them.  But they are about the only kind I wear of socks. They make every kind of socks. 

Respected Contributor

I currently do not own any Bombas socks but have been seeing them advertised everywhere because lately I do need some new socks and I've been looking online.

There used to be a brand called 'Gold Toe' and I liked those.  When I was a runner I used to buy Thor-Lo and liked those.  I don't want plain old anklet tube/gym socks but I think I want a sock you can see, not one of those that just fits the foot.

A friend gave me some socks she purchased at Costco some years ago, wool ones, and they lasted quite awhile, but I'm not in the market for wool where I now live.  If you find any nice socks, let us know.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Gosh, I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your Bombas socks wearing out. I've not experienced that at all.

I have several pairs of the merino wool socks, both crew and athletic, that are nearly 2 years old and they're just as great as the day I got them. While I do wash them in the machine, I never put them in the dryer.

I also have their cotton athletic socks and I don't think I could kill those if I wanted to. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I bought a pair of Bombas sox no-slip slippers which I really like.  I hope they wear well because they were not inexpensive.

Honored Contributor

I have a few Bombas and have had no problem with them wearing out. They are very comfortable. Definitely not cheap, but nice to wear.

Honored Contributor

JMO, thry're too expensive for me.

Trusted Contributor

I bought some although not the merino wool and had no problems with them.  I do prefer the silver infused pair I recently bought from Boomernaturals. They recently started offering socks. 

Honored Contributor

I love Bombas socks because they come in sizes.  I don't wear socks everyday but I have never worn a pair out!