Honored Contributor

Trinity11 wrote:

Coquille wrote:

Why do people feel they have to yell their posts to get their point accross? We all have opinions and we should be accepting of everyone's ideas, thoughts, point of views, etc..

Why do people feel they have to be nasty to one another if one doesn't agree with them? People can always disagree and debate on any topic but try to be civil.

I think many have explained here that they use the bold print because of vision issues. I prefer to give everyone the benefit of the doubt before placing judgment.

As far as differing points of views and how responses are perceived......I think the anonymity of the internet is why civility isn't always present. However, often times perception is everything.

Marvelous points, @Trinity11.   I agree with you.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

Why do people feel they have to yell their posts to get their point accross? We all have opinions and we should be accepting of everyone's ideas, thoughts, point of views, etc..

Why do people feel they have to be nasty to one another if one doesn't agree with them? People can always disagree and debate on any topic but try to be civil.

I think many have explained here that they use the bold print because of vision issues. I prefer to give everyone the benefit of the doubt before placing judgment.

As far as differing points of views and how responses are perceived......I think the anonymity of the internet is why civility isn't always present. However, often times perception is everything.

Hey @Trinity11 Smiley Happy

I haven't seen you in awhile, I hope you had a good day for Halloween!

Hi @Noel7. Some serious health issues I am dealing with and haven't been able to post as much. Yesterday was wonderful...lots of little ones at our door. My husband stayed home to give out the candy.

Hope you are recovering and feeling better.Heart

@Trinity11

I'm so sorry to hear that.  You are in my thoughts so often.  I got out of the hospital yesterday after five days and I'm so glad to be home.  I was just telling Daisy we are having a mini Halloween today.

I will hold you in my prayers Heart

Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@CoquilleAll caps would indicate yelling.  Bold highlights do not necessarily indicate yelling nor being nasty.

You have two different issues in your post.

We all know everyone can disagree and debate and try to be civil.

The key is how we perceive a response to our posts. 

Name-calling, e.g., is being nasty.

Taking an opposing vp to our posts as "nasty" is in personal perception.

We don't have to respond to a post we consider nasty, uncivil, etc.  We can also take a step back and reconsider our pov when an opposing vp is presented.

It all depends upon what we expect to receive and how we accept what is presented.

Individual responsibility is the key;  nobody else is responsible for us.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Trinity11 wrote:

Noel7 wrote:

Hi @Noel7. Some serious health issues I am dealing with and haven't been able to post as much. Yesterday was wonderful...lots of little ones at our door. My husband stayed home to give out the candy.

(((@Noel7))) and (((@Trinity11))),  I'm so sorry you're both facing such daunting health issues.   I hope and pray for better days for you.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

@Trinity11

I'm so sorry to hear that.  You are in my thoughts so often.  I got out of the hospital yesterday after five days and I'm so glad to be home.  I was just telling Daisy we are having a mini Halloween today.

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

@Trinity11

Oh No!! I was wondering if you were OK because I hadn't seen you posting. 5 days...I can imagine how much you wanted to get home @Noel7. Thanks for the prayers. I truly appreciate them. It has been a rough three weeks.

Honored Contributor

Cakers wrote:

Coquille wrote:

@CoquilleAll caps would indicate yelling.  Bold highlights do not necessarily indicate yelling nor being nasty.

You have two different issues in your post.

We all know everyone can disagree and debate and try to be civil.

The key is how we perceive a response to our posts. 

Name-calling, e.g., is being nasty.

Taking an opposing vp to our posts as "nasty" is in personal perception.

We don't have to respond to a post we consider nasty, uncivil, etc.  We can also take a step back and reconsider our pov when an opposing vp is presented.

It all depends upon what we expect to receive and how we accept what is presented.

Individual responsibility is the key;  nobody else is responsible for us.

Another excellent post!   Well said, @Cakers3.

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind the blue font.  It's fine for me.

What used to drive me crazy were the ellipses people.  The ones......who posted.....every third.....word with dots.......dots.......everywhere.....

Thank goodness, that seems to be gone!

............    ..................... .................... Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

(((@Noel7))) and (((@Trinity11))),  I'm so sorry you're both facing such daunting health issues.   I hope and pray for better days for you.❤️

Thanks so much @dooBdoo. I really appreciate the prayers and good wishes.

Honored Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

I don't mind the blue font.  It's fine for me.

What used to drive me crazy were the ellipses people.  The ones......who posted.....every third.....word with dots.......dots.......everywhere.....

Thank goodness, that seems to be gone!

............    ..................... .................... Smiley Happy

@stuyvesant  LOL 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I like the blue, and sometimes WE NEED TO BE BOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.