Honored Contributor

Of course people can do what they want with their own bodies, so saying that is totally pointless.  However, I think the reality is that people and employers are indeed going to "judge" them for things that otlandish or bizarre of just uncomfortable to look at.  When that happens, they should be prepared for it.  No one is going to SAY, I'm not hiring you because you have that cow ring in your nose or because of those plates in your ear lobes but there is price to pay when it comes to extreme body art.  It is making plastic surgeons happy and rich.  

Honored Contributor

I just think it looks awful.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I noticed many young women in Canada seem to have that nose ring piercing.I don’t get it because the message to me is control.Someone has the power to tether you.I am probably so off the mark in understanding the message...if there even is one.It could just be a fashion statement without any meaning.

Esteemed Contributor

Not fond of it....

Esteemed Contributor

Tattoos don't bother me...as much as they used to.  They're everywhere, so I'm used to them.  Although I don't understand the point of it.  

Except the ones worn by people who get Government assistance and/or disability money.  Yes, I knew who they were because of the work I did...so don't even go there. 

Also skip the "they-were-a-gift" argument.  Not buying it.

I'll enjoy seeing them in 20 or 30 years. Woman LOL

Keepin' it real.
Valued Contributor

Hoop Dare (IT!) Is 11199385434_5a0760abfe_b.jpg

Super Contributor

I only have my ears pierced. Got them pierced on my 15th birthday. 

If I were to get another piercing, it would be another one in my ears, I wouldn't mind having them double pierced. A long time ago, I was thinking of getting my bellybutton pierced but then thought about it and didn't want to deal with the waist line of my pants irritating the new piercing.

Plus I had a coworker whose bellybutton got infected not long after piercing it. A lot of people have a piercing there and ends up fine but I'm happy with just my ears pierced.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it included vulgar language.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Tattoos don't bother me...as much as they used to.  They're everywhere, so I'm used to them.  Although I don't understand the point of it.  

Except the ones worn by people who get Government assistance and/or disability money.  Yes, I knew who they were because of the work I did...so don't even go there. 

Also skip the "they-were-a-gift" argument.  Not buying it.

I'll enjoy seeing them in 20 or 30 years. Woman LOL

@esmerelda . I thought Government assistance was being revamped? No more tattoos or piercings.

Honored Contributor

lol I saw that episode. That girl was gorgeous too. I never knew until then that when you pierce cartilage that it can then continue to grow...she looked just like Spock. The doctor kept telling her she looked cute. Then after she removed the pointed area...she said it can grow back...to keep an eye on it and at the first signs...get to the doctor and they can give her... I believe... it was steroids and stop the process?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**