Honored Contributor

Bobbi Kristina Brown's BF loses lawsuit

Bobbi Kristina's boyfriend has been found responsible for her death after failing to show up in court for the wrongful death lawsuit her family filed against him.

Nick Gordon repeatedly failed to meet court deadlines in the case, and his no-show Friday in an Atlanta court was the final straw. The judge entered a judgment against him, giving the estate the win by default ... according to Bobby Brown's attorney.

You'll recall Bobbi's estate filed the suit against Gordon, alleging he gave her the toxic mix of drugs, which the medical examiner said played the key role in her drowning death.

Bobby's attorney tells us the judge's ruling confirms what the family believed all along ... that "Nick Gordon was responsible for her death." Any damages Nick will be ordered to pay will be determined in a future hearing.

No criminal charges were ever filed against Gordon.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/16/bobbi-kristina-nick-gordon-wrongful-death/

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Bobbi Kristina Brown's BF loses lawsuit

And where is the money that he has to actually pay the damages to them?  This sounds like a paper victory to me.  Framing the judge's order is about as much satisfaction as they are going to get on that judgement.   

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

And where is the money that he has to actually pay the damages to them?  This sounds like a paper victory to me.  Framing the judge's order is about as much satisfaction as they are going to get on that judgement.   

@Laura14

I agree completely. It's just a 'paper victory', just like the poor family of Ron Goldman in the murder of their son.

They received a 'judgement', but have received little $$$ except for proceeds from the sales of O.J.'s book, "If I did it...."

I bought it just because the proceeds went to the Goldman family.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

IMO they had no proof he was responsible.  Not sure why he wouldn't show up to the court dates though.

Honored Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

IMO they had no proof he was responsible.  Not sure why he wouldn't show up to the court dates though.

As of March 2016, the DA is still investigating Nick. 

Now that the authorities have the autopsy report(s), I would like to know too why the DA cannot make a final decision or even hold a grand jury hearing.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif