Valued Contributor

I just read that Bob Costas is stepping down from doing the Olympics. He will continue to do special sports programs. 

Esteemed Contributor

Remember when he had that terrible eye infection at the Olympics?   He looked bad.

Honored Contributor

This didn't come as a surprise to me.  He is getting up there in years too.  He is older than he looks.  Make up and hair coloring can do wonders.  I have seen him in person, as he lives in the vicinity I do, and also has his own office in west county. 

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Remember when he had that terrible eye infection at the Olympics?   He looked bad.

I felt bad for him.

People were making so many jokes. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@hovis wrote:

I just read that Bob Costas is stepping down from doing the Olympics. He will continue to do special sports programs. 

Hallelujah!

I have never been able to stomach him. I've never felt he knew diddly about sports, or cared either. He became the Olympics spokesman/lead broadcaster because NBC thought it was a good idea. He has been a partial cause of me watching the broadcasts less.  Just about anyone would be better, IMO.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

I heard that to on Today. I liked him doing it. Not sure what's a more special sports event than the Olympics though

Respected Contributor

I thought Costas had an infection as a result of an eye lift.

Esteemed Contributor

Most likely was asked to step down.

I always thought he came across as aloof and maybe a bit superior on camera. My brother knows him well and was surprised to hear me say that.

Valued Contributor

I always liked him.   

Who is replacing him?

Honored Contributor
NBC's Mike Tirico replacing Bob Costas at Olympics