Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blocking posters an option?

@kate2357,  if by chance you are using Firefox as your browser these instructions will stop gif animation.

dottech.org/147621/how-to-stop-animated-gifs-from-playing-automatically-in-firefox-guide/

If you are using a different browser you should be able to find instructions by searching on the term stop gif animation for (insert your browser name)

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

@kate2357   I so agree with you. There's one in particular with a fish swimming that will give me a migraine if I watch it.  Wish we could ignore or block these posters.

Maybe the answer would be be if QVC didn't allow animated user names, maybe something to add to the Suggestion Box or Corporate.

I can certainly understand, if they cause physical reactions in the health of other users.

I mean, is it that important that your avatar move at the expense of other poster's health?

To me it's not, even though they don't bother me personally.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@kate2357 Just curious but what is the serious problem?

She said she has problems with vertigo with those types of movements.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 

Re-read the OP, she clearly explains the reason it psychically bothers her.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@World Traveler, @kate2357  isn't the only one; some are worse than others.  Vertigo is not the only problem such movements can trigger.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 

The sort of animation I'm referring to can trigger vertigo. There have been times I've had vertigo last for days. Not saying from anything on Q Boards, but it can happen quickly. For example, I have a hard time driving or riding when there is dappled light coming thru trees. It's quit a pain in the tush, so I was trying to be proactive. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@kate2357,  if by chance you are using Firefox as your browser these instructions will stop gif animation.

dottech.org/147621/how-to-stop-animated-gifs-from-playing-automatically-in-firefox-guide/

If you are using a different browser you should be able to find instructions by searching on the term stop gif animation for (insert your browser name)

@Marp 

Heart

That's what I love about you, you're such a wealth of information and always willing to help the rest of us!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@World Traveler, @kate2357  isn't the only one; some are worse than others.  Vertigo is not the only problem such movements can trigger.

Nobody implied it was the "only problem such movements can trigger." The post was in response to someone asking the original poster what the serious problem was.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@Marp 

Epilepsy is another condition it can trigger, my brother has it and has experienced unexpected seizures from some of these movements/lighting changes online.

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 

The sort of animation I'm referring to can trigger vertigo. There have been times I've had vertigo last for days. Not saying from anything on Q Boards, but it can happen quickly. For example, I have a hard time driving or riding when there is dappled light coming thru trees. It's quit a pain in the tush, so I was trying to be proactive. 

Oh.  Sorry if I was too personal.  I didn't realize that.  Sorry you have to go thru such a thing.  Maybe it should be given some serious attention and consideration.