Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blocking posters an option?

@kate2357 wrote:

@hckynutjohn 

Yes John, I do avoid when I can see their nic, I don't open the thread. It's when I stumble upon the nic w/in a thread I'm reading. But as I wrote, I will try to figure out the add in that stops the animations. Problem solved. Smiley Happy 

@kate2357 

There must be something I ain't getting here. My "way" wasn't exclusively meant for opening a thread. It also meant a post by the person I would be choosing to block.

If their "nic" is a GIF, which has movement, bypassing is "my way" of not seeing it. Most of those on this Bulletin Board, don't have a signature at the bottom as I choose to do. So I am guessing, that is not where you see the "animations" GIF.

Anyways, there are maybe a couple posters that I avoided in my 20+ years on here. One was in the Wellness Forum. Any thread started by that "nic", I knew exactly what the topic would be, regardless of the title of the thread.

I knew it was something with which I most likely would disagree. I had already made my point with that poster, so I avoided reading the thread. That way I would not be tempted to say more about my disagreeing.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@hckynutjohn  Hi John, this thread was started by the op as she can get vertigo or something else that bothers her if a poster has an avatar that is moving instead of being still.  Some posters use a moving one so she wanted to be able to block them. 

@proudlyfromNJ 

I did not know about the vertigo. If it was mentioned I must have missed it in her post. Not sure how many have a moving avatar, I can only remember 1 of them. 

Thanks for this explanation, now I understand more about this issue.  I know on FB you can block, but I have no idea how to do it. How ever it is done, I  haven't had any reason to block anyone. I let most that make zero sense go in 1 eye and out the other. Somethin like that anyways.   =^..^=

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I would like to not see a few posters, just seeing them ,bothers me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

That would not bother me because I know how to solve that problem.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

There are two people I really dislike. I don't bother to read their posts.

Respected Contributor

I saw the swimming fish avatar person around today. That tells me she read about the issue and chose to do nothing. Nice. 

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I saw the swimming fish avatar person around today. That tells me she read about the issue and chose to do nothing. Nice. 

@santorini   Your post is accusatory without merit.

This is why threads do not stay up and especially why the forum is going faster and faster to hades in a handbasket.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@santorini wrote:

This is why threads do not stay up and especially why the forum is going faster and faster to hades in a handbasket.

Accusatory without merit?  Hmm. Let's see ... her name was flagged to alert her to the issue. Days later, the fish is still rapidly circling.  Nothing made up about my comment. You can defend her all day long but your comment does not negate mine. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@santorini wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@santorini wrote:

Accusatory without merit?  Hmm. Let's see ... her name was flagged to alert her to the issue. Days later, the fish is still rapidly circling.  Nothing made up about my comment. You can defend her all day long but your comment does not negate mine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And why does she have to do anything? I suffer from vertigo and a swimming shark is the least of my problems. I enjoy posting with her and will continue with or without that avatar. I'm famous for blocking things out. I always find a way.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

@santorini wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@santorini wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And why does she have to do anything? I suffer from vertigo and a swimming shark is the least of my problems. I enjoy posting with her and will continue with or without that avatar. I'm famous for blocking things out. I always find a way.

Thank you @Sage04   I am friends off line with @SharkE and she would never intentionally hurt someone.  She has had this same avatar for years and no one has ever complained until now.  If the mods had issue with it or it violated community standards, they would have said so by now.  What is the difference in a moving avatar and the zillions of pictures: many of them I've seen are animated?  At least an avatar is smaller.  Anyway, I've shared my views, as others have here. I wish that pointing out a poster here would stop!!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!