Respected Contributor

Golly, I've been hearing "Black Friday" for so long now that, when I came online this morning and saw special pricing, my first thought was that was already over! I stay confused about what day it is during this time of year, especially so since retirement, but now I know I'm officially messed up Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Black Friday is always the day after Thanksgiving.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   lol-   I swear it once was, but for several years now, it seems to have crept earlier and earlier.  I think I could find a stack of ads dated in October in my paper recycle box.

Respected Contributor

Re: Black Friday

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@ECBG   lol-   I swear it once was, but for several years now, it seems to have crept earlier and earlier.  I think I could find a stack of ads dated in October in my paper recycle box.

That's right. They started "early Black Friday in July" along with Christmas in July. And then continued to use the term all fall. It has absolutely NO meaning anymore to me.

All these "promotions" are basically, always...just another sale. That's it. But yes, technically it's the day after Thanksgiving. I've never ever shopped in the stores that day~I'd rather get a tooth pulled than do that, lol.

Honored Contributor

This year, "Black Friday" has been promoted so long that the actual day, or weekend, is meaningless.  It's due to supply chain problems, but maybe it will be like that from now on.

Honored Contributor

We never ventured out on Black Friday back in the day before online shopping.

We still do not shop on BF on the internet.

Good luck and happy shopping for those who will partake.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Originally Black Friday was the Friday after Thanksgiving, for in-store shopping.  This was when stores opened on Friday morning, and that started getting moved back earlier and earlier to midnight on Friday morning. 

Black Monday was the "cyber" big sales.  That is all changed because it seems everything is cyber these days.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Black Friday

[ Edited ]

Seems most every day they advertise on QVC that they have Black Friday sale prices .

It's now way over done and the savings  are just a few dollars  on most items. Saw some rehashed  TSV's on the " Black Friday " sales special list or alot of  clearance .

Khols's has better deals on Cuddl Duds  $24 for turtlenecks or t shirt necklines

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Black Friday is always the day after Thanksgiving.Smiley Happy

Wanted to say thanks for the rec to shop Belk's. I picked up 4 new bed pillows at less than 1/2 price last night.

Rakuten was offering 10% cash back. 😂