Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

I don't watch often, or much any more, but he has always been one of my favorites.

Dang, why couldn't Bobbie Ray or Shannon go Behind the Scenes?

LOL.  Some would prefer it be JOY Mangano and her family.

Well yeah, but she's not a host. Thought we were talkin' just hosts. I handle Joy on Mute :-(

Ooops, I didn't realize that not everyone knows about JOY and her real relationship with HSN (which includes her daughters on air as semi hosts).

I am one of them that didn't realize her daughters were "hosts".  When do they appear?  LOL

JOY has a partnership with HSN, so she's not so much a vendor as she is someone with big play there and does in fact act like a host.  Her family who helps her run her business (daughters) are slowly being integrated with on air time for product demonstrations.

You'd have to check to see when she's on or maybe when her collaboration with Iman to see.  There may be other times too, but I never watch her.  

*Call Tyrone*
Valued Contributor

I have always liked Bill Green and will miss seeing him on air. 

However, I think he did a better job when he wa on air alone, and not with a vendor or other host, except maybe Joan Boyce.  After so many years, he got pretty monopolizing, or even "bossy" if you will.

I think he had passed the host status on his knowledge or status, due to ambition and experience, to the point where he was getting kind of obnoxious when working with others.

I really think that HSN saw this in him, and made the change.

I wish him well in his new position, and hope that he is able to change some of his style.

Honored Contributor

Did you know that you can hear Bill's voice on HGt tv  House hunters   about buying homes in Fla. and a few other states?

You never see his face but speaks about.."you think you can't afford to buy homes but you can"   !    then they show the couples who look for buying a home then we see the realator showing them homes to buy.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

It's got to be tough to stay "camera ready" when you are getting older.

All hosts "age out" sooner or later.

It's discrimination, IMO, but television is a tough business!

Trusted Contributor

I will miss Bill Green tremendously.  He is my favorite male host of all of the shopping channels. No one compares to you~~~Billy Green!