Honored Contributor

Re: Bill Cosby's Conviction Overturned by PA Supreme Court

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:
Sounds like the DA’s office screwed up big time. First, even agreeing to immunity, then moving forward anyway with charges. Where it gets cloudy is if it was an oral agreement and who can attest to it.

The prosecutors messed up big time 😡

At least Cosby's reputation is destroyed and he spent some time in prison.

Respected Contributor

Soooo....based on this, Harvey Weinstein will be next...

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

The court said that District Attorney Kevin Steele, who made the decision to arrest Cosby, was obligated to stand by his predecessor’s promise not to charge Cosby when he later gave potentially incriminating testimony in Constand’s civil suit. There was no evidence that promise was ever put in writing.

Justice David Wecht, writing for a split court, said Cosby had relied on the former prosecutor’s decision not to charge him when he later gave potentially incriminating testimony in the Constand’s civil suit.

Sounds like he made a plea deal which was not honored.  Jeopardy has attached so he will walk free and he can not be tried again for these crimes.

@gertrudecloset This was what I was referring to.  No further discussion needed.  

Trusted Contributor

@Linda0215....it's a slap in the face to all the women who came forward to testify against this creep!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mspatmacThat's not what my post says. I didn't say it.  The article I quoted says it.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

This is a simple but regrettable turn of events. The judge did the right thing under the law. IMO, this has nothing at all to do with money, or reforms, anything other than shoddy legal work.

Personally, I will not read or listen to him if he engages the public.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

58 women. I think he should live the rest of his life AWAY from the spotlight, and he should keep quiet - no interviews or appearances on TV.  

@beach-mom 

Oprah's drooling already......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

He will be another OJ, not in prison but his life as he knew it is over for good. 

Honored Contributor

The initial prosecutor who made that deal with Cosby was a pretty sleazy guy. You can look him up. I think he sabotaged the case on purpose, just like Acosta did for Epstein (you can look that up too). And the subsequent prosecutor who actually prosecuted the case had to do the best he could with a fatally tainted situation. Made the guy serve 2 years, which is better than nothing.

Most people are not corrupt but there are still a few "good old boys (and girls)" out there coddling and protecting the most powerful predators of our nation. They've been doing that forever. Mobsters and monsters often pay well and they always need lawyers and fixers.

Unless the other infamous assault felons in the news had the exact same type of corrupt deals as Cosby did, this should not affect their situations. Hope it doesn't.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr