Valued Contributor

@simplyfriends wrote:

Leaving my mom's hospital room for a meal and receiving a call that she had had a seizure and was sent to ICU where she passed away. I wish I had been with her but I do understand she may have planned it that way. 

🙏🏻

Respected Contributor

My motto is don't regret the things you've done,  regret the things you haven't done.....and then for them!

Respected Contributor

I do not spend my life looking thru my rear view

mirror wondering about the paths I took.

Respected Contributor

@simplyfriends wrote:

Leaving my mom's hospital room for a meal and receiving a call that she had had a seizure and was sent to ICU where she passed away. I wish I had been with her but I do understand she may have planned it that way. 

I believe you are right about your mom.  With you not in the room with her, it may have enabled her to do what she wanted, that is, to just let go.

Be gentle with yourself and find peace without wondering.

Blessings.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Biggest Mistake In Life

[ Edited ]

Sending emails when hurt or mad. I'm still learning that you should never send emails when overly emotional or hurt. Always best to wait until the rational mind is more in charge and sometimes it's not even worth it to engage in the first place.

Other than that, I try to just not think about other mistakes that I have certainly made because there's nothing I can do to change them now and worrying and fretting about them changes nothing and  just hurts me.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Valued Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

@simplyfriends wrote:

I believe you are right about your mom.  With you not in the room with her, it may have enabled her to do what she wanted, that is, to just let go.

Be gentle with yourself and find peace without wondering.

Blessings.

@chiclets   Thank you ❤️

Honored Contributor

I don't look at my mistakes like that.  There's no "biggest" and none that I dwell on now.  I learned my lessons from my mistakes and let them go.  You haven't shared what your mistake was so I won't share mine.

Honored Contributor

That is very easy----marriage to the  the smuck that I divorced last year, after 47 years----should have done it years sooner--- best thing about that--my 2 kids from this jerk!!! The best thing he ever did or will do in his miserable life.

Respected Contributor

Re: Biggest Mistake In Life

[ Edited ]

@simplyfriends   Awww, please be kind to yourself.  There are times when you can spend days and weeks in a hospital being there for a loved one. Think of it as she was trying to save you more stress and pain. Moms don’t want their kids in pain.  I know, easier said than done.  Please take care. Things happen for a reason.  

The day my mother passed away, she asked me why was I there, I should have been at work at that time.  She had no idea why we would be there.  It was her last words to me.  When they took her off life support, they said she would pass peacefully in 10-15 minutes.  She lasted over 10 hours.  My dad almost missed the final moments.  My sister was there for 40 hours.  She went home, and she passed a few minutes after she left.  

We all all make mistakes in life.  I try to view it as a learning experience, to learn for the next time.  I don’t have big regrets in life, but I’ve made mistakes.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't made it yet.