Honored Contributor

There is a open field next to me ,hot here today 89 ,looked out a window saw something laying in the field,a big coyote, in the sun ,he is bigger than my largest  golden,and twice plus the size of my little red girl.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Contributor

Yikes  Will it bother your animals ?

Honored Contributor

Coyote's are not usually that big and pretty slim.  If it was bigger than your golden then Im guessing it may have been a wolf.  Do you live in wolf territory?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@tweets12 wrote:

Yikes  Will it bother your animals ?

I sure hope not , worried ,one of my goldens is 15 plus years,not in good health.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Coyote's are not usually that big and pretty slim.  If it was bigger than your golden then Im guessing it may have been a wolf.  Do you live in wolf territory?

There are what they call coy dogs, up here  ,there is talk of wofves from canada, i think i saw one years ago,this guy was big,but color of coyotes,  has me worried.

Honored Contributor

My neighbors lost 2 cats to a coyote that wandered through our rural subdivision last year.  Keep your pets enclosed for their safety.

Honored Contributor

I just looked up maine coyotes, from the pictues i saw a coy wolf,what some call a coy dog.

Honored Contributor

Yes take care of your fur babies and Golden’s. They can’t defend themselves against these beasts. Do you live in an area where the wild animals are being displaced due to extreme weather episodes? Forest fires, mudslides, flooding, tornadoes, etc.

Respected Contributor

If it was big, it probably was not a coyote.  PBS had a movie about wolves and coyotes inter-breeding which might produce a bigger animal.  I believe that was happening more towards the East Coast when the movie was made.

Coyotes are generally not very big, maybe 30 lbs. and slim.  So I'm not sure what you saw.  Maybe someone's stray German shepherd.

Although I live in the suburbs, we have many coyotes and see them daytime as well as knowing they are out at night.  They will eat anything (fruit, shoes, cats, dogs, rats, birds).  Everyone in my area has to be extremely careful about leaving dogs out.  They are excellent jumpers and can easily go over walls.  They have also attacked children twice in So CA.  So be careful.  

Respected Contributor

I would be nervous too. We have a mountain lion hanging around our neighbors yard and I worry about the cats outside

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18