Honored Contributor

Alana Stewart's Beauty "Secrets"

[ Edited ]

There was a post on the boards discussing Alana Stewart presenting Prai skin care. Women were amazed by her youth at age 73.   I did a little research and here are some of the results (articles/presentations)  that she discussed that help her maintain her youthful appearance:

meditation one hour in am daily/ spiritual life important

yoga/pilates

eats "simple foods"...her examples: rice, beans, oatmeal, salads, no dairy, gluten free 

physician assisted:  botox, fillers, surgical neck lift in her late 60s

supplements/vitamins

antiaging procedures: on an HGH regime (over $10,000 yearly)

skin care:  stem cell regime 

good genes

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alana Stewart's Beauty "Secrets"

i'm 68.....i look 68.....i'm fine with that....

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd

I will have to catch her Prai presentations.  I've tried a few items in the line, but never repurchased. 

Wasn't the previous rep Kathy Kang or something like that?  A pleasant, attractive woman.  I think I first saw Prai on Shop NBC/ValueVision, now Evine.

If I'm not mistaken, I saw Alana years back on a talk show she hosted with her ex-husband, George Hamilton.  She was also married to Rod Stewart unless my brain is completely shot.

An interesting life, for sure and, nice that she was honest about what she does to stay youthful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman  Yes, she was married to Rod Stewart and George Hamilton.  And I do remember Prai being sold on Evine (Value Vision).  I tried the Prai years ago and, like you, never repurchased,

Honored Contributor

When Prai was on Evine years ago, they always talked about its key ingredient, the Prai root or ginger, that is never mentioned anymore.

Trusted Contributor

I think Alana is pretty and she’s even more special because of her friendship and devotion to Farrah Fawcett. If we all had a friend like her who would travel with us in our search for a cure and do whatever it took to love and support us. 

I tried the Prai neck cream a few years ago and did not continue after the first jar. As many people wrote, I had the same issues with it pilling up and having to brush it off. It wasn’t a good product. 

Valued Contributor

I think I recently saw Prai on HSN but maybe they've moved over to Evine. I believe their most popular skin care product which all the hosts swear by (I haven't tried it) is their neck cream. Seems misleading for Alana to be their spokesperson if she's had a neck lift. Oh well, I know it happens all the time.
Honored Contributor

I tried to watch her--but those women were unbearable to watch for long---not a fan of any of them; she looks good but she also has a ton of cash and thats the answer to  looking like you are 20 years younger. I''m sure she had alot more "done"  than stated and thats ok, if ya got it, why not !!! However, I am done with the hype and silly promises that are made. I don't buy into it anymore.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl  I share your thinking.  One of the reasons I posted the information is that a lot of what made Alana who she is was capable only if you have tons of money, not a jar of cream.  Surgeries, stem cell, HGH therapy........and, I'm sure you are right "a lot more than what was stated"....are not accessible (of even desirable) for most of us. 

For me, it comes down to the following:

healthy lifestyle diet 

exercise

stress strategies (ie meditation,spiritual pursuits, tai chi, etc)

sleep

We are all capable of making choices regarding these four foundations of good health and it does not have to break the bank.