Honored Contributor

She was being interviewed on ET and said she loved children but the problem was they grew up and became people. 

And she loves animals more than people. All said while she's feeding one of her giraffes on her animal sanctuary.

She said people just expect her to fade off into the sunset but each day there's another sunset the morning comes and she just won't go away.

She's going to be 96.

I thought, wouldn't it be wonderful to go spend a great amount of time with her at her sanctuary for all us animal lovers out there? And just to be with a kindred spiritSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay, I agree about spending time with her at her sanctuary.  What a wonderful experience that would be.  I know that she would have a lot of life lessons to tell about.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

It kinda makes me sad for her to say that.  I wonder if she never had any supportive family around or close friends.  

I'm sure at her age she has made friends with people of all ages--and it's not just a matter of all her dear friends dying off.

Animal lovers alone would be great friends for her.

I wonder why she thinks people just expect her to fade away?

That, too is a very sad statement.

She seems the kind of person who would be surrounded by loving people.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised at those statements, too.  I thought she was a people person as well as an animal lover.  I've seen this before, though, where people get very dark in their thinking when they reach her age.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I'm surprised at those statements, too.  I thought she was a people person as well as an animal lover.  I've seen this before, though, where people get very dark in their thinking when they reach her age.

Wow! Just wow.

Honored Contributor

I'm guessing that she was joking about people expecting her to 'fade away'.   She has always had a unique sense of humor.

Also,  sometimes we say things such as liking to be around animals/pets more than people.  Let's not forget that she's in the acting/entertainment business; fans all around her everywhere she goes.  Lots of business requests/deals/contracts, etc.  Probably every single day. The entertainment business isn't the easiest industry to be in.  Not a lot of privacy, unless one can retreat into a peaceful home or sanctuary.  Peace and quiet sometimes over-rides the 'hustle and bustle', and 'people' in general, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  I forgot to mention:  Think about the many, many phone calls each day from her agent(s).   Wanting her to 'book shows' here and there and everywhere.  Ms. White is very much in demand.  People enjoy seeing her and enjoy her various interviews on talk shows, etc.  Sometimes 'people' (all of those phone calls and requests) can be draining and sometimes a person might think (and say) that they would rather be somewhere else more peaceful with pets and animals. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

They say it's lonely at the top.  Could be.  

Phone ringing off the hook for her to do a guest appearance, but no one actually asks how she's feeling, doing, 'anything I can help you with?'--that kind of interaction.

I'm thinking she has at the very least a close personal assistant, if not perhaps, a livein helper/caretaker.  I hope.

Trusted Contributor

I liked her statement, and I think I understand, but to try to explain it might be too difficult. Anyway, I like animals a lot. They don't argue with you, or make fun of things you do or say, or the odd choice of clothes we wear. They love unconditionally, and that is an amazing kind of love. ❤

Frequent Contributor

Dark thinking? Sounds like she was wise before her time. I've always thought it takes more guts to not have children than to just go with tradition- especially in her generation.