Honored Contributor

Best wedding EVAR

[ Edited ]

Steph Norman photographed Tristan Karshagen, 23 and Luke Karshagen, 25, on 18th August at the Areena Riverside chalet Resort, in East London, South Africa, for their big day

A ‘one in a million shot’ captured the unbelievable moment a giraffe photobombed a couple’s wedding photos and posed next to the happy newlyweds.

Steph Norman photographed Tristan Karshagen, 23 and Luke Karshagen, 25, on 18th August at the Areena Riverside chalet Resort, in East London, South Africa, for their big day.

However, they all couldn’t believe it when a giraffe, called Abby, who roams the resort freely, appeared from the trees and walked into the shot.

The shocked photographer quickly asked the couple to pose next to the animal who affectionately lowered his head towards the kissing couple and gave them a nuzzle.

Tristan, from East London, in South Africa, said: “We feel so blessed.

"It was a beautiful day filled with so much love and happiness.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3  Abby only made thosephotos even more special! What a delight to experience at such a joyous occasion.

Honored Contributor

Very neat... The giraffe is amazing... But this does beg the question: Does anyone actually have just your basic run of the mill wedding anymore?

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Did the giraffe catch the bouquet?!  

Honored Contributor

We visited the San Diego Zoo in 1991, they had a beautiful gifaffe there , also named Abby!!

Honored Contributor

I love that the bride didn't give a hoot about her train.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor
Gorgeous!
Esteemed Contributor

Glad the couple enjoyed their wedding. They look very happy!! However, it’s not my thing.I prefer weddings without animals. The bride should be the center of attention not a giraffe 🦒.JMO.

Honored Contributor

That's so amazing, I love it 😍 Very special.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ

Or mud on the train

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Glad the couple enjoyed their wedding. They look very happy!! However, it’s not my thing.I prefer weddings without animals. The bride should be the center of attention not a giraffe 🦒.JMO.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.