Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 , only naturally 100% cotton percale for me.  I love a crisp sheet and they are hard to find.  Llbean sells percale.  Don’t go for microfibre or poly.  Terrible stuff.  Don’t go for wrinkle free either...they use chemicals to make it so.  

Good luck in your quest!  LM

Trusted Contributor

I was using 100 % cotton sheets for years but found out  ( just by chance ) that the cotton/ poly blend are just as cool or cooler for me.   Plus they are easier to take care, they dry faster than cotton.  My Vornado air circulator is on almost every night plus I have an oscillating fan pointed at the foot on my bed.  AND I too hate those microfiber horrors.  Who could ever sleep with microfiber wrapped around them?  yikes......It just goes to show how much those salesmen LIE when they try to push garbage like microfiber sheets on us. Not kosher!

Super Contributor

I'm a hottie from way back! I found Martha Stewart percale sheets. FANTASTIC!

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

I'm in the minority here. I have no problem with mf sheets. It just took a while to find the right ones. Since they first came out years ago, they have gotten so much better imo.

Honored Contributor

It will soon be time for me to put my L.L.Bean flannel sheets on. Love them.

Honored Contributor

When I'm too warm ... I don't sleep under the sheets ... just fold back the bedding.

Best sheets I own are some that I got at Amazon.  

They are Italian Linen .... 100% brushed linen microfiber. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

I just remembered .... there's been a commercial running on TV for something called Sheetz (I think that's how it's spelled.)

In fact, your post sounds very much like the dialogue in the commercial!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Anonymous032819 , only naturally 100% cotton percale for me.  I love a crisp sheet and they are hard to find.  Llbean sells percale.  Don’t go for microfibre or poly.  Terrible stuff.  Don’t go for wrinkle free either...they use chemicals to make it so.  

Good luck in your quest!  LM

So, what specifically is wrong with using chemicals to make the sheets wrinkle-free?  Is there any data to show that those chemicals are bad for us or that they remain in the sheets?  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

something called Sheetz (I think that's how it's spelled.)

In fact, your post sounds very much like the dialogue in the commercial!  Smiley Wink

@ALRATIBA           "Sheex"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Bed Bath and Beyonc carries Sheex