Esteemed Contributor

I tend to be a hot sleeper.

Many a night, I have awoken burning up, and have torn off my shirt, and could feel the heat just radiating off of my body.

I am looking for sheets that will help keep me cool that aren't too terribly expen$ive.

100% Cotton?

100% bamboo?

Microfiber?

A blend?

Something else entirely?

What sheets do you suggest to someone who has woken up sweating?

Many thanks in advance!Woman Happy

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I always loved a high thread count percale. You just can't get the quality they used to sell, now. they were just like silk, and tightly woven

Honored Contributor

Re: Best Sheets?

[ Edited ]

It definitely wouldn't be microfiber.  I've slept on microfiber sheets, and they are just terrible.  I was hot all night long.  They feel so nice and soft, but I could barely stand them for one night.

I like 100% cotton 400 thread count sheets from Cuddledown.  They're expensive, but I've used the same two sets of sheets from them for about ten years, and they're still in perfect condition.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Scandia Down has wonderful Egyptian cotton sheets that last a long time. On sale until end of August. EnjoySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

It definitely wouldn't be microfiber.  I've slept on microfiber sheets, and they are just terrible.  I was hot all night long.  They feel so nice and hot, but I could barely stand them for one night.

I like 100% cotton 400 thread count sheets from Cuddledown.  They're expensive, but I've used the same two sets of sheets from them for about ten years, and they're still in perfect condition.

@NickNack  I totally agree.  Definitely no microfiber.  I bought a set of microfiber sheets and they are hot!!!

Honored Contributor

Percale sheets work well for me. I’m also a very hot sleeper. I have a ceiling fan and a bedside fan on at all times. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love sferra percale made in italy, and sferra egyptian cotton sheets.  100% cotton for me, i dont like the wrinkle free as they add chemicals to sheets. No bamboo or micro fiber.  I think the sheets I get from sferra are about 540tc. I do iron them.  Sometimes I dont.  But I love the silky smooth feel or ironed aheets

ETA. None of the cotton sheets I ever bought from qvc were any good imo.  Their flannel and jersey are good.  My grandkids like those.  I have never slept on them, but they felt really good.  

My very first purchase from QVC in 1989 was a set of white flannel sheets with pink cabbage roses.  I had those for 15 years until they shredded by the feet, lol.  We had piles of other sheets, but none of the flannel ever matched up to those first set long ago. No pilling, those hard little pill balls flannel gets, just a sturdy, soft, smooth, cozy sheet set

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

I would get 100% cotton. Read small print because sometimes they say cotton sheets and they are treated or have a little bit of microfiber or polyester in them.  Look at long staple cotton.  Why?  In my opionion it is more breathable as they are not tying threads together or adding more threads wound together to get a higher thread count.  Long staple is one long, continuous thread.  When woven to make a higher thread count they are not bunched together to make thicker sheet.  .  Just makes sheet hotter.  Percale or supima is fabulous.  If it is supima you know the cotton was grown in the USA under strict standards.  I would stop at 400tc.if you het hot at night.  And ixnay on  microfiber and bamboo, as they  are not as breathable.  Bamboo pills, at least the ones I have bought for grands, and I bough several.

sheets are expensive.  But you could look at Overstock or a sale this weekend 

Honored Contributor

The sheets on our bed right now are QVC Northern Nights supima cotton, 1000 thread count.   I like them very much, and have 2 sets.   Percale is also a favorite. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased the Lauren Conrad Organic Cotton sheets from Kohls. 100% cotton and they are soft and cool. Also you can get them for a good price - there are always coupons or sales. 

Good luck finding the perfect sheets!