Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Benjamin Hall News Reporter

[ Edited ]

Benjamin Hall lost half a leg on one side and a foot on the other (in Ukraine).  One hand is being put together, one eye is no longer working, and hearing is pretty blown.   https://www.fox29.com/video/1055297

Trusted Contributor

Re: Benjamin Hall News Reporter

@jubilant. I am deepened sad to hear this news about B.H. Such a tragedy. My heart hurts for him and his family. Such a great journalist and a good man.

Trusted Contributor

Recognized by dignitaries on Saturday night. Journalists unafraid of reporting the truth about Ukraine are my new heroes.
May Mr. Hall have a swift and complete recovery.
Esteemed Contributor

These reporters, journalists, photographers are bearing witness.

Thank goodness for them.  There function is crucial to a civilized world.

Best wishes for his recovery

Respected Contributor

@jubilant 

Thank you.  Mr. Hall posted last month about his health status.

I do wish him continued prayers & wish him positive recoveries.  He faces many hurdles ahead.  Bless him for his accomplishments & his family for surrounding him with love & standing by him.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@sligo wrote:

@jubilant. I am deepened sad to hear this news about B.H. Such a tragedy. My heart hurts for him and his family. Such a great journalist and a good man.

@sligo   According to the article I read, he has a good attitude. He is sorry for the other two he was with but just glad to be alive.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Benjamin Hall lost half a leg on one side and a foot on the other (in Ukraine).  One hand is being put together, one eye is no longer working, and hearing is pretty blown.   https://www.fox29.com/video/1055297

Thanks for this report., such a good reporter, I'm glad he made it and wasn't killed like the 2 he was with, I expect Fox will accomidate him when he's able to work again. Thank you Ben. I'm looking foward to your return. God bless you and Family.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @jubilant.

Those journalists put their lives at risk to keep us informed of what is going on in these very dangerous war zones. I had seen his reports daily during his assignment in Ukraine.

Many journalists died in WW II to give us the pictures and videos of the true he!! our Military were going through in Europe and the Pacific. Many never even gave that a thought, even those of us that lived through those years.

I send my thoughts to Benjamin and all his family. My hope is that his recovery will go as planned and he can, if he wishes, return to the profession he obviously loves.  🙏

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

AB-BEN-COMP.jpg

He's endured so much, @jubilant ,   yet, from the beginning, his spirit has been strong, and he has said he feels lucky.  Especially considering his 2 colleagues who were killed in the blast.

Great guy and reporter. 

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn   Your welcome. It is something very near to my heart. We know of a family friend who's son went out in the jungles with Viet Nam vets. I don't know how he lived through it.  He was a journalist and you wouldn't believe some of the pictures.  I know how gross it is because of DH's Viet Nam experiences.  This  friend became an alcholic and suffered for years.  I am happy to say, it seems he has come a long way but he is not really the same person we knew before he went. 

I was so happy that Benjamin has such a good attitude.  That will take him a long way. I am sorry for what he will face but I am very grateful to these journalists who don't have to go but do.