Respected Contributor

Though they have a large compound, I think it will be unfair to Jen that he will continue to live there.  She needs to find a better man.  I think it really stinks that Ben, after vigorously pursing her during her best years, is now calling it quits.  

Honored Contributor

@kittywhipped wrote:

Though they have a large compound, I think it will be unfair to Jen that he will continue to live there.  She needs to find a better man.  I think it really stinks that Ben, after vigorously pursing her during her best years, is now calling it quits.  

If he isn't happy with with her, he has every right to move on.  He is building his own 'home' on their property so she can't claim abandonment.

Respected Contributor

Why would she claim abandonment?  

Honored Contributor

@kittywhipped wrote:

Why would she claim abandonment?  

It's a common tactic used by high powered divorce attorneys, Ben is being careful, which is his right.

Honored Contributor

I just heard on TV, it might have been on Extra that Ben said he couldn't live up to her expectations. That's husband speak for I can't have my cake and eat it too so , see ya!

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of Ben Affleck.  His gambling is well publicized.  Based on his acceptance speech for his Academy Award it seemed obvious their marriage was in jeopardy for awhile.

I've read Jennifer Garner is demanding both in real life and on the set.  There are rumors that both of them had extra-curricular activities.

There is speculation she held on to their marriage until they hit the magic 10 year point as it would be to her advantage.

They made a great looking family but that doesn't mean they were a great family.  Actually they are still vacationing together as a family in the Bahamas.

Respected Contributor

If Jennifer had extra curricular activities more power to her....

Honored Contributor

@kittywhipped wrote:

Seriously?    Her "best years" ??

Frankly, I think Jen is doing okay and you needn't imply she is over the hill.    Yikes.

Honored Contributor

According to everything I've read Ben didn't really pursue her, he was still engaged go Lopez when they first met.  Gardner however dumped her newly wed husband once the coast was clear though........

Respected Contributor

No one wants to waste their baby making years on a schmuck.