Honored Contributor

The Zoom thread got me thinking.  Tempted to look into your neighbor's window when they are gone?  Scrape a car at the gas station and seak off?  Grab a whatever out of a cart someone left at Walmart?  Who me?  you say.  Just remember there are cameras everywhere.  And not just public places.  Some of my neighbors put out game cameras that will also pickup trespassers.  I guess I watch way too many crime shows. 

Honored Contributor

Or maybe, "be mindful of" your bad behavior?

Respected Contributor

Hey just go to google earth and "drive" down your street and look in everyone's windows! Or even "drive" up their driveway. I couldn't believe it. Could have seen my pups if they were looking out the front window. You can go everywhere and snoop real good (if you want) with google earth. No privacy anymore.

Respected Contributor

Whenever I see on the news a home security video of a delivery person acting badly (who later gets fired), I think to myself - these delivery people need to just assume that every house has a security camera and act accordingly. 

Honored Contributor

When I worked I was the late person- my hours were 10:30am to 6:30pm.  I had a few patients scheduled but from 5-6pm I was the only tech in the mammography department so I always, always pretended there were cameras so no one could ask or say I'd been up to anything wrong.  I know that's paranoid but that's how I was and did the same thing until the day I left. To be honest, no one knows if there's cameras or not so I try to be on my bestest wherever we might be..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

The neighbor behind me put up cameras along his fence line, and one of them is pointed right into my backyard.  Not happy about that.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

Whenever I see on the news a home security video of a delivery person acting badly (who later gets fired), I think to myself - these delivery people need to just assume that every house has a security camera and act accordingly. 

We caught one behaving really badly. I was waiting on medical supplies and it said they had been delivered. Nope nothing had been delivered. My husband went back and looked and saw the driver stop in front of our home look around the back of the truck and drive off. They never came up to the house. I expect they got fired. It was very expensive insulin pump and Dexcom supplies. 

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  I believe this remark went right over the poster's head. 

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Or maybe, "be mindful of" your bad behavior?

Honored Contributor

Re: Be mindful of cameras

[ Edited ]

Or put on a mask and someone else's coat and go hog wild!

Just kidding.

ETA: I'd be more concerned about being caught eating sloppily in my car or wiping my nose improperly or scratching when I thought no one was watching. Or something being wrong with my outfit and not knowing and suddently finding myself starring on some website somewhere.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Be mindful of cameras

[ Edited ]

@depglass  I know in stores inside and out we are always on camera,  if someone is going to steal or rob someone, it is really hard to not be on film....plus your phone also gives away where ever you drive. Not easy to getaway with crime these days.

murder your wife or two........OR  buy some radiator coolant to add to ice tea  to poison your  husband?  These are all caught on credit card sales and cameras....

yes, I watch a lot of  shows too😄