Honored Contributor

Re: Be mindful if you use devices like Alexa...

Anyone here find that most gadget people around you (well, me in particular) just don't believe anything about being careful, etc. and re: potential privacy issues (?)

Just wondering if it's only me and/or my peeps around here.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I know, I sound pathetic, but it might be a good idea to not discuss vacation plans, times, dates, etc.

Maybe unplug gadgets first. (?)

Well, it's just a thought (as usual).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Anyone here find that most gadget people around you (well, me in particular) just don't believe anything about being careful, etc. and re: potential privacy issues (?)

Just wondering if it's only me and/or my peeps around here.

Gadget people like to live dangerously lol Anything can happen to anyones information but it seems like they take chances I am not willing to take. I am so old school and I am happy like that. 🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Amazon says it still values its customers' privacy.

@qbetzforreal 

animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif

???

Honored Contributor

About those baby monitors.I could hear the people in the house next to me even though they didn’t have a monitor...don’t know why but they weren’t happy when I told them.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, WhatNow.

Yes, and I don't dare mention  what I was hearing from 'someone' each time I took a bath.

That person must have waited for my bath time.

My dear cat (who always sat by the tub) was a witness..........her ears were turning in alert positions, etc. 

'Trouble is', it's hard to prove or even find 'Peeping-Hearing' Toms'.

Honored Contributor

p.s.  Since those times/days, I take quick showers only.

Honored Contributor

I'm not saying anything in front of Alexa either that is illegal or even that interesting but the fact that someone else can listen doesn't sit well with me.

DH wanted Alexa and I didn't and I told him then I had no doubt people were listening to what was going on. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm not saying anything in front of Alexa either that is illegal or even that interesting but the fact that someone else can listen doesn't sit well with me.

DH wanted Alexa and I didn't and I told him then I had no doubt people were listening to what was going on. 

@Lipstickdiva   I agree! There is no reason people should be sitting in a chat room listening to your personal conversations.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva, @colliemom4 yes I agree. Same situation in my house where husband wanted it and I said no we don't need a stranger(s) listening in even though we are boring.  Just the idea of it is very unsettling. I had my suspicions about this from the beginning. 

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.