Esteemed Contributor

Years ago when I had acne, I was told to use basis soap, I thought it was the most mild soap, until I got a little skin cancer on my cheek, had to use some chemo creme, and wash my face with a mild soap. A friend said to use Ivory, not basis, basis is to treat acne or rosacia which I was  having on and off for years, so I switched and no more rosacia, face cleared up.  Just want to mention this, as I saw someone say something to use basis.  I found out it isn't for me.  That's all.

Respected Contributor

good info.  I wonder how Ivory compares to Dove. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ivory seems more drying than dove to me.

Honored Contributor

Wow, I didn't even know they still made it, so that's good to know. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the reminder.  I recall being told that years ago, more than 50 years ago, hahaha.   Basis for acne, Ivory for gentle cleansing when acne calms down.  @gloriajean I hope your skin cancer is under control.❤

Esteemed Contributor

Skin cancer is gone!!!  Praise God!!  Haven't had a recurrance either. This happened a few years ago.

But every time I used Basis Soap, I got rosacia. Without it, my face is clear of all that stuff!! Now thanks to my friend, I know better!!

Respected Contributor

Ivory is soap. It leaves a film on top of bath water. I never feel l like I have rinsed it off. DH uses Basis per his radiation therapist and derm's recommendation. It doesn't have any perfume in it. I use Cerave moisturizing cleanser on my face. I have tried Dove but even it seems a bit drying to me. There are a lot of choices out there and none of us have the same skin...so guess it is just trial and error.