Honored Contributor

Re: Bad weather expected on Wednesday

@Roni18: Praying for you. Gee  I forgot about Hurricane Opal. - was without power for a few hours and many tree limbs  and pine cones in yard. DH had neck surgery two weeks ago wearing a brace and cannot drive for 6 months and I do not drive but we have many friends willing to help. Stay safe, Southern Bee

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We're in the path of the storms, too.   Severe thunderstorms, high winds, potential for hail and tornadoes.    They're even closing the schools early, but we're supposedly going to have one wave of storms this morning and then another, stronger one in the afternoon.   Please keep your eye on all the weather reports and take precautions.   Prayers for all of you! ❤️ 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Here too...   I'm in the Northern Burbs of Chicago and we are supposed to get heavy rain with up to 60 mph wind gusts!!!  Then turning to a mix and some SNOW tomorrow with more heavy wind gusts.   NASTY!   Be careful driving everyone.

Respected Contributor

Stay safe, Everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh, well, they've put snow back in our forecast!!  

we have wetlands that now have crept into the neighbors back yard (so much rain) that I think we need to rename it- like a lake name.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

CRAZY weather!

then KWazy Wabbit went through my head! LOL

Respected Contributor

In Chicago, we might get snow today or tomorrow.

Sunday is supposed to be 74. 

Go figure.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel for people who live in tornado prone areas. I have never seen a tornado in person, and don't really care to.

I think that if I did live somewhere where tornados were common, my house would have a furnished basment, and if there was a good chance that a tornado was going to happen, I would just live in the basement.

To me, I would think that it would be really scary to have a tornado happen in the middle of the night, and have the sirens go off and wake you up.

Stay safe everyone!

Honored Contributor

I'm in the mid-Atlantic states and we're getting that same storm with potential tornadoes tomorrow (Thursday).  I'm going to telework tomorrow to avoid a rough commute.

Stay safe everyone.

Honored Contributor

Reporting in from Atlanta.  Really intense rain, thunder, lightning and a little hail just passed through by my house but no warnings. Tornado warnings just to our southwest by south Atlanta.  It's calm at my house right now, but not for long. We're all under a tornado watch. 

My husband and I have moved our two tornado totes to the basement. 

For those also posting from Georgia, I'm in East Cobb. 

For right now, since we're not under a warning, were in our great room, which is about 10 steps to the basement door. 

Take care everyone. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?