Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I did not work in healthcare, and am currently on sabbatical, but do have dreams about old jobs.  They are bizarro dreams, nothing is what it was, but there is a connection.  I find something else to distract me.  Maybe a good movie.

If you like spy movies, I recently watched the 2010 Salt with Angelina Jolie, and highly recommend.  It had action and a good plot.  I really enjoyed it.  I also like almost anything HGTV, or that show about feet, "My Feet are Killing."  I find these enagaging and distracting.  

And stay away from this thread... 

Esteemed Contributor

interesting @Desertdi and @jlkz.  I am completely bilingual, but don't dream in a language.  Sometimes I do speak in my sleep, and it has happened in both languages.

The mind is funny.  Every once in a while, I'll be speaking in one language and a word will sneak out in the other language without any thought given to that until the word is out of my mouth.

My dreams are images, though things happen, and I do remember some words sometimes, though usually just what happened and not specific words.  And I don't remember what language when I do remember something that was said.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

interesting @Desertdi and @jlkz.  I am completely bilingual, but don't dream in a language.  Sometimes I do speak in my sleep, and it has happened in both languages.

The mind is funny.  Every once in a while, I'll be speaking in one language and a word will sneak out in the other language without any thought given to that until the word is out of my mouth.

My dreams are images, though things happen, and I do remember some words sometimes, though usually just what happened and not specific words.  And I don't remember what language when I do remember something that was said.

I find this FASCINATING! It really does point to our thoughts as being nonverbal concepts in the mind before we turn them into words we use to communicate.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I recently had a nightmare that someone shot me from a car while I was walking.

The worst part is that I know who it represents, and they are a real person in my life. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

I got tired of having the dream where I show up for final exam but never went to class, never read the textbook, etc.  

Told myself the last time it occurred:  from now on, when anything resembling that theme occurs, my mind will stop it then and there.   I haven't had it for at least 2 years since then.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

@PA Mom-mom  I thought I was the only one who had "looking for a toilet" dreams! I always thought it meant that I had to go to the bathroom!

Respected Contributor

I've had THREE prophetic dreams.  Two have come true.  No, I still can't believe it. 

I was shown future events in my life IN DETAIL.  Talk about in denial.  I know it happened though.

ONE dream left that has not happened yet and GOD forbid it does.......it had nothing to do with my real life and it was not pretty.

Respected Contributor

I haven't read the other responses so maybe I'm repeating but...

Could it be you are feeling overwhelmed by the events of these days?  being retired, is the inflation and scarcity of some products concerning you?  As your life was spent in the healthcare setting Is the resurgance of Covid making you feel helpless to alleviate the suffering that is being flashed on every T.V. screen and Radio newscast? 

Perhaps you "being fired" is your own mind twisting around your helplessness and feeling of resopnsibility a good healthcare worker feels in this situation.  You can't help anymore but you REALLY want to. 

The lingering worry won't go away because when you wake up things are still stressful. 

Just take a while to sit and think about what your dream may subtily be trying to express rather than what you flat out saw in your dream

Hope you felt better as the day progressed.

Valued Contributor

I have nightmares about my job as a nurse in a busy clinic regularly !  I wake up so tired from working so hard in my sleep !! I have been retired for 8 years ! My old co- workers are always in my nightmares , they seem so real .