Honored Contributor

Re: Bad Covid Winter

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I hate winter and unually "hibernate" in a sense anyway.  I think Covid will spread less, not more in the winter. 

@Sunshine Kate, more people staying inside is exactly one of the reasons that health officials predict more spread.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

Shortage of hospital beds even ICU can be contributed in most likely a large part to people who postponed hospital treatments, operations etc when the virus first started and now are going back to their doctors and hospitals for treatment and much needed surgeries. 

@eadu4, do you know this to be a fact? All the accounts that I've read about hospitals becoming overwhelmed include the fact that it is due to Covid.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

And I never said this past winter wasn't bad.  I stated that this coming winter could not possibly be worse because when we started with this there were no precautions, no ideas how to treat it, or who was going to be the most effected by it.  We knew nothing.  We now have treatment protocols that work, precautions in place, and people are very much aware of "the virus".  So if we didn't have a mass extinction in the beginning of this, then this winter is not going to be a bad one.  By the way all those stating that hospitals are full again, have you checked on every patient that's in there and in the ICU and you know personally that they are all in there for CV19?  I have not heard of anymore ventilator shortages, mass dying, ICUs filled only with dying CV19 patients.  Yes there are "spikes" and "surges" because more people are getting tested.  It doesn't mean they even have symptoms or are in the hospital.  

@eadu4 

From my recent hospital visit and talk with a nurse I have known there for years. One of her good nurse friends works in that ER, and what you've said here, pretty much coincides with what she experiences in their ER. A very small percentage are from the ***** virus, and some that are, do not need to be admitted.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I think we should start a new thread about people's local hospital capacity statistics, since this thread is changing topic and people want to discuss it so much. I just checked TN's and they aren't good. Who wants to create the new thread?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I hate winter and unually "hibernate" in a sense anyway.  I think Covid will spread less, not more in the winter. 

@Sunshine Kate, more people staying inside is exactly one of the reasons that health officials predict more spread.

@suzyQ3 

So you're saying staying inside during quarantine is not a good thing?  If there's a lockdown, it's better to go out?

Maybe I'm not understanding your post.