Esteemed Contributor

Glad you werne't hurt. But, that is so scary about the out of control suv.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde  Very glad you were not injured, and hope you don't have to pay that deductible.  

Hope those hurt will be ok.  What a terrible freak accident.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Moonchilde  You should have no out of pocket expense.  Your insurance company will work with hers and they'll handle it quickly and efficiently.  They'll probably send a wrecker for your car.  If the frame is bent, they may total it. 

@Kachina624 I won't ultimately be out of pocket, but it's possible I might be initially. If the woman regains her nerves tomorrow and contacts her insurance company right away and the two companies get together early on, I probably won't be. But the fact that there are three victims with three different insurances (and a lawyer in the case of the victim), and that we all have to wait for the CHP report - it's possible my car could be repaired before there's been serious contact, and in order to pick it up I'd need to pay. I'm not borrowing trouble, and I can pay it, but I'd also be happy NOT to pay it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

The nightly news didn't have anything on it (they weren't there on scene) but we'll check at 11 pm. We all hope that the man survives and the poor woman doesn't let it affect her forever. Her injuries appeared to be relatively minor.

Even the CHP officers (young, kinda cute and very nice) said it was very challenging to figure out the exact sequence of events. They'll need to speak to the driver again for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

The accident was clearly her fault so her insurance company pays for everything.  YOu need to get her insurance company's name, her policy number, a copy of the police report.  You will have to arrange for a rental,car but her insurance company will reimburse you for that expense.  Contact her insurance company ASAP.  IF your car is not driveable her insurance company will pay to have it towed wherever you want the repairs to be done.

Respected Contributor

Do they think her car had mechanical problems; if so, Lexus will be sued. 

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde I have a different spin on this. You said you parked in front if the restaurant.  If you hadn't parked where you did, could the car have crashed into the restaurant and injured many people? 

I believe that, as part of a larger picture, we are put into certain places for a reason.  Sometimes we are really "inconvenienced."  But, in the scheme of things, there are more serious things that could have happened.  

You may have been "used" today and should feel just a little blessed.  

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Maybe the restaurant had video surveillance to help the police figure out the sequence of events and see what happens.

Sadly, there may be some depreciation to the value of your car since it's been "in an accident" so to speak. Hopefully it's just body work which should devalue it much.  Thing is you want new and not after-market parts which you may not get. The insurance companies control that.  You may have to cough up more for new parts.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Do they think her car had mechanical problems; if so, Lexus will be sued. 

@Bri36, I wouldn't be at all surprised. I would pursue that if I were her. And that could complicate the reimbursement process.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

Oh, how awful!  All of it 😟 I'm glad you weren't hurt, but yes, what a mess to have yo deal with.

I wonder if something was wrong with her car...