Occasional Contributor

What in the world is going on.  For the 3rd time in a week, 3 of my orders that were waiting to ship for 4-5 days, were put on backorder.  QVC has become undependable in shipping.  They are taking a week or more to ship when they do ship.  I have cancelled all 3 orders when they went to backorder and will continue to do so.  They should be shipping in a timely manner if they want to keep their customers.  I'm very disappointed.  Will definitely help me to cut back on what I purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had the same situation with the patio rugs I ordered. They go from zero status to back order to preparing my order back to zero status or backorder. So frustrating. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Backorders??

[ Edited ]

I have to admit, I am curious why QVC has so many logistic issues with shipping compared to other very large retailers I've been purchasing from. I don't have a problem waiting because I know there are still many issues surrounding COVID related problems...but just curious.

I 'get' the advance orders because in most cases, the shipments of various merchandise hasn't arrived to the QVC warehouses yet because of all the shipping issues. However, if the items are in the warehouses already, I don't get it.

As for items shipped by the vendors themselves, their shipment times have been normal...for me anyway...like LUG and food purchases on auto delivery.

There must be some big glitches along the line somewhere within the QVC shipping dept too.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Fressa I ordered an outdoor rug on free shipping day, and when I went back to check it shows "advance order", but another color was "in stock", so I called CS and they told me they were waiting for more of my color to come in, so she changed my order to the color that was "in stock".  Of course, now neither color is showing available and my new color is now showing "advance order".

Frankly, I'm tired of waiting for it to arrive, since it's now May and am trying to decide if I need to cancel it, or see how long it takes before it ships, or QVC cancels it.

Not good....and very frustrating.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

My Denim & Co. items I ordered just went on backorder. Usually I just cancle my order, when this happens. I want these and will wait it out.

If it's clothes they having been shipping the day that they were suppose to arrive.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think what is so infuriating is when you order an item well before air time that you saw in the New category...it went into in process and then days later just when you are expecting it to ship...it goes backorder.  I have cancelled plenty because of that and I don't care about all the rhetoric....oh you shouldn't have done that because it will eventually ship.  That has not been my experience at all that it will eventually ship.

Occasional Contributor

It's very frustrating for sure.  I'm just going to continuing cancelling any order I place that goes to backorder.  They will lose a lot of business just from me.  If they don't have it in stock, they should explain it when they make the presentation to my way of thinking.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am on the We#loveQVC FB group, and someone posted that they are hiring 500 warehouse workers. 

Perhaps this is one of the reasons they are having problems, not enough staff. I am not sure. 

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 

Suggest you send an email to:  QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Include your ORDER NUMBER in the email.  The  MODS will sort this out for you & perhaps provide you w/an updated status report.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@WJS880 wrote:

What in the world is going on.  For the 3rd time in a week, 3 of my orders that were waiting to ship for 4-5 days, were put on backorder.  QVC has become undependable in shipping.  They are taking a week or more to ship when they do ship.  I have cancelled all 3 orders when they went to backorder and will continue to do so.  They should be shipping in a timely manner if they want to keep their customers.  I'm very disappointed.  Will definitely help me to cut back on what I purchase.

@WJS880   This is the new normal for online merchants due to unavoidable shipping delays.  Ships arriving at West Coast ports must wait in line to unload.  It is not just QVC but all merchants doing imports, and can't be helped.  It's the new normal.  The pandemic has brought many changes the impact of which will last for years. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment