Honored Contributor

@lovekees   I do my standard gift no matter who it is. I also ignore the registry. I go to Costco and purchase a huge bulk size of newborn diapers and then another bulk size in a higher weight range. I also bring the bulk size of unscented baby wipes.

Trust me, there is NO parent on this planet who has enough diapers or wipes in the beginning. Also, I receive the best and happiest Thank You note when it "clicks", lol.

Honored Contributor

The last few baby gifts I've had to buy were for relatives.  For 2 of them, they were first time parents so they needed absolutely everything.  They were both registered.  For one, my sister and I bought the stroller they registered for and some other miscellaneous items.  For the other, several of us went together and bought a couple larger items from the registry.

If I were going to buy a large package of diapers, I would make sure to buy something natural, non-allergenic, free of all dyes and chemicals.  My Goddaughter was highly allergic to any of the other types of diapers and they all ended up donated.    

Super Contributor

Best advice I got:  you can't go wrong with baby wipes and onesies. Every so often if a baby registry is limited, I go with those items.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

My favorite go-to baby gift is a starter library of books. You can spend maybe as little as $20.00, the gift will be used right away (reading to baby), is truly gender neutral and will be used by all future children.

@queendiva 

Mine, too! Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I went to a baby shower recently where the mother-to-be asked for children’s books instead of cards. She had a great start on her child’s library by the end of the shower!

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@lovekees   I do my standard gift no matter who it is. I also ignore the registry. I go to Costco and purchase a huge bulk size of newborn diapers and then another bulk size in a higher weight range. I also bring the bulk size of unscented baby wipes.

Trust me, there is NO parent on this planet who has enough diapers or wipes in the beginning. Also, I receive the best and happiest Thank You note when it "clicks", lol.

Not at my nieces showers LOL!  Just recently the person literally purchased so many diapers as a gift that they were stored in my brothers basement stacks and stacks to the ceiling!  He is keeping them there for his daughter (my niece) as she doesn't have the room to house them all....easily a yr or more in diapers from the one person alone.  

Then my other niece (husband's side) requested each guest attending her shower bring a package of diapers to be entered into a raffle for some gift...plus her husband made the male's come to a "diaper party" at the house also they were to bring a package of diapers to enjoy the bbq.  

Then to top that all of her BBF purchased enough diapers for a yr as a gift!  

So sometimes diapers are the gift I see the most of lately at these showers LOL!