Respected Contributor
On 7/10/2014 Hooty said:
On 7/10/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

I don't care about the car seat.

There's no way on God's green earth that the child was "forgotten."

ITA ............. the defense is trying to prove this is how he was forgotten, because he couldn't see him, it won't work!!!

To me, all that would prove is motive.

He wanted to be "child free." Wasn't that part of a search term on his computer.

I'd say that if this had gone off without a hitch, he would have left the wife, too.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

I thought at one point, I've tried not to read too much because it is so horrific, that the woman who gave birth to poor little Cooper, had to take a bus or public transportation to pick up the baby . . . thus she would NOT have needed a car seat and to return back to their house or apartment the same way she got there???

I've seen pics of the vehicle on news reports with the police crime scene tape and it wasn't some beat up 20 year old jalopy they were driving . . . it was a fairly new model crossover type SUV, not even a high up one with running boards . . . so they could have afforded a proper front facing car seat OR two IF she didn't take the bus to get the baby . . . and since it wasn't higher up I bet he parked further away . . . AND with a smaller crossover type SUV it isn't like a huge Tahoe or Suburban or Expedition where when the car seat is almost 3' from the driver . . . it was RIGHT THERE mere inches from the drivers seat.

I'm waiting for the Breaking News on tv or my newsfeed that the woman who gave birth to the baby has been ARRESTED too!!!

Respected Contributor

As I've said before, a child SHOULD be such a part of you, that "forgetting" him would be like leaving a body part behind...impossible.

And certainly not for 8 hours...even giving him the very thin almost non existent benefit of the doubt...you would think a light bulb would have gone off when he went back out at noon.

He is either a complete and total moron (in which case he should not be driving a car or working for that matter) or he is a child killer.

Those are the only two options I see. Sorry if I'm condemning him before he has his trial, but sometimes some things are pretty black and white.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did a plea deal. Her too.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

They could afford 2 cars seats, that Cooper could actually fit in. They just bought one. Both of them were working. 60,000 just him alone. That would be a lot here. He racked on $4000 on his credit card for airline miles. Plus all the games they went to, and college apparel they bought. There's no excuse.

Esteemed Contributor

Poor little fellow. So horrible...

Super Contributor
On 7/10/2014 missyw1 said:

They could afford 2 cars seats, that Cooper could actually fit in. They just bought one. Both of them were working. 60,000 just him alone. That would be a lot here. He racked on $4000 on his credit card for airline miles. Plus all the games they went to, and college apparel they bought. There's no excuse.

He was making $30/hr. and he spends most of his time at work Se*ting?? Absolutely Disgusting! {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Super Contributor
On 7/10/2014 Jerz-girl said:

resse, the only thing I disagree with you about is, on that day Cooper died, the parents couldn't just switch the car seat from one car to the other, they each would be having Cooper in their own cars at different times...father in the AM and the mother in the PM. They each needed a car seat that day.

According the the Academy of Pediatrics the parents did nothing wrong having the baby in the rear facing car seat.

Jerz

They could have switched the car seat, if they really cared to. All it would have taken was for him to leave it at the daycare facility. Had they arranged to do that, the baby would be alive. Then again, if you "forget" your own child, how could you expect to remember a dam*ed car seat?

This isn't aimed at you, Jerz-girl, I'm just not buying their nonsense.

Respected Contributor

She has lawyered up.

Respected Contributor
On 7/11/2014 reese2 said:

resse, the only thing I disagree with you about is, on that day Cooper died, the parents couldn't just switch the car seat from one car to the other, they each would be having Cooper in their own cars at different times...father in the AM and the mother in the PM. They each needed a car seat that day.

According the the Academy of Pediatrics the parents did nothing wrong having the baby in the rear facing car seat.

Jerz

They could have switched the car seat, if they really cared to. All it would have taken was for him to leave it at the daycare facility. Had they arranged to do that, the baby would be alive. Then again, if you "forget" your own child, how could you expect to remember a dam*ed car seat?

not only do I agree with reese on the car seat deal.......but I have experienced it.......you drop off the child AND the car seat............then who ever is picking up the child picks up the car seat too........happens ALL THE TIME...........that is, it happens with parents who care about their kids.....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor
On 7/11/2014 reese2 said:

Jerz

I don't think it would have mattered what car seat Cooper was in. Ross (IMO) knew what would happen that day. He had to change out car seats, so it would look like he didn't see his child / Cooper could not get out of the seat (tight).