Honored Contributor

BON JOVI CANCELS CONCERT AT LAST MINUTE

Jon Bon Jovi cancelled his Miami Beach concert just minutes before he was to take the stage last night due to testing positive for COVID- 19 right before he was supposed to go on!

Source: NY Post

Honored Contributor

Re: BON JOVI CANCELS CONCERT AT LAST MINUTE

I hope he recovers quickly, love Bon Jovi!

Happy Halloween with glitter

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm wondering why he would schedule testing for Covid that would give him results "minutes before" a concert.  This creates a huge issue for fans.  I'm sure their money was returned, but the fan's anticipation and effort spent will not be refunded.  Bon Jovi's manager should have been on top of it.  In spite of this, of course, I wish him well and a quick recovery time.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I'm wondering why he would schedule testing for Covid that would give him results "minutes before" a concert.  This creates a huge issue for fans.  I'm sure their money was returned, but the fan's anticipation and effort spent will not be refunded.  Bon Jovi's manager should have been on top of it.  In spite of this, of course, I wish him well and a quick recovery time.

@phoenixbrd  Yeah I thought the same thing. The last time I saw McCartney live I paid $40 for a parking place in the arena's lot. I would not have been happy about that, in addition to not seeing him.

Esteemed Contributor

This reminds me of what happened when Kamala Harris was a guest on the View. A couple of hosts had (false) positives just before the VP was about to appear. It seemed ridiculous that they'd cut it so short. Sometimes people DO test positive and testing is important. You'd think that after all this time, the so-called experts could be better planners.

Honored Contributor

Could it be that he had woke the morning of the concert feeling the symptoms of COVID, thus necessitating a test?

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Could it be that he had woke the morning of the concert feeling the symptoms of COVID, thus necessitating a test?

I would hope that, if that were the case, the testing would have been done much earlier. This sounds like a routine, required test. I'm assuming he had to be tested when he arrived at the venue (probably not long before the concert was supposed to start).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter  @WenGirl42  @Pearlee  I wondered about this, but after researching I found he "felt great and had no symptoms". Unfortunately, the audience did not get the full experience they were expecting...Bon Jovi left in a yellow Maserati and a couple band members stayed to perform Smiley Indifferent  Look at what they were expecting...now, I'm wondering if they were refunded their money. This is what the audience paid for and didn't get:

"The event also included a question and answer session, a Halloween party and a photo with Bon Jovi, according to the website of Runaway Tours, the event organizer.

Guests were required to either be vaccinated or show the results of a negative test taken within 72 hours before the concert."
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if he was tested earlier, then they tested him again at the last minute hoping to see a different result. I know someone who was asymptotic and tested positive, but was negative the next day. 

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@deepwaterdotter  @WenGirl42  @Pearlee  I wondered about this, but after researching I found he "felt great and had no symptoms". Unfortunately, the audience did not get the full experience they were expecting...Bon Jovi left in a yellow Maserati and a couple band members stayed to perform Smiley Indifferent  Look at what they were expecting...now, I'm wondering if they were refunded their money. This is what the audience paid for and didn't get:

"The event also included a question and answer session, a Halloween party and a photo with Bon Jovi, according to the website of Runaway Tours, the event organizer.

Guests were required to either be vaccinated or show the results of a negative test taken within 72 hours before the concert."

That's the risk folks are taking with events these days, unfortunately. I hope audience members who were (understandably!) disappointed, as well as any who were likewise unable to attend due to these protocols, are able to easily obtain a full refund.