Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
We buy our glasses from Costco. Love the quality, price and selection of frames. My opthalmologist has an optical dept right inside his office lobby....outrageous prices and didn’t even get the prescription done correctly. We will stick with Costco.

@lovesrecess @Getting glasses from Costco for 17 years. Contacts are good also. Was told by clerk in optical that they have had doctors come in and try to buy them to resell in their office......such a good price.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I talked to my ear, nose and throat Doctor (yes, I realize they don't handle eye) about that very thing. I talked to her about getting hearing aides from Costco instead of the audiologist. 

She said that no matter where you work you get the same training and have to go through the same courses and attend Medical School the same amount of years.

She said that when a Doctor graduates, they have alot of debt when they start out. And just can't afford to open their own office, just the cost of keeping a staff and all the equipment. So they often start out at Bjs, Costco, Sam's or Walmart.

She also said by working with the volume of people they see in those stores is a great experience. They often handle twice as many patients and gain alot of

@drizzellla  Bought their hearing aids as well. Nothing wrong with them.

Respected Contributor

@nana59About 5 or 6 years ago I decided got try BJ's (CT) for glasses.  I was so satisfied with the optician, prices and choice of frames.

Price was more than $100 less.  I still get eye exams from my eye doc. Try BJ's once and decide for yourself.  Usually when the kids go back to school, they have very good specials.   

Esteemed Contributor

@panda1234 Put your glasses on and re-read my statement.  I DID NOT SAY IT WAS COSTCO..............bought from a chain store.............and it wasn't COSTCO.

So I'm correct and you are not.

Trusted Contributor

Back before my cataract surgeries I bought my prescription glasses from BJ"s and never had a problem and the price was a deal breaker vs. glasses from my doctor.  Only need readers now and these I order via the internet.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@panda1234 Put your glasses on and re-read my statement.  I DID NOT SAY IT WAS COSTCO..............bought from a chain store.............and it wasn't COSTCO.

So I'm correct and you are not.

@fthunt  You are right, you did not mention Costco. So sorry to have upset you.